Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that a cop out, I'm sure plenty of clubs have blokes that use recreational drugs. Good on birchip for getting on the front foot and acknowledging it. Was he not brought in change or set the culture?
Also what did he find out after he took the Role that he didn't know already? The article about Birchip and players using drugs was from some time ago.

FB_IMG_1603624179329.jpg
This is the cmfl team of the decade, all champion players, and they didn't pick the team, however it seems the majority played their best footy in the previous decade, and there are lots of guys out of position. There are only 2 kerang guys on the field, for a team that won 7 flags in this decade, 1 runner up and 1 prelim and only 1 woora player was chosen on the bench, yet they have won the last 2 and being runner up twice during the decade. The side should be made of predominantly these two teams.

The fact this is an official cmfl picked side surely the board, chairman need to stand down, there's a lack of any checks or balances or even a resemblance of checking any stats within this decade, it's a disgrace

This is the cmfl team of the decade, all champion players, and they didn't pick the team, however it seems the majority played their best footy in the previous decade, and there are lots of guys out of position. There are only 2 kerang guys on the field, for a team that won 7 flags in this decade, 1 runner up and 1 prelim and only 1 woora player was chosen on the bench, yet they have won the last 2 and being runner up twice during the decade. The side should be made of predominantly these two teams.

The fact this is an official cmfl picked side surely the board, chairman need to stand down, there's a lack of any checks or balances or even a resemblance of checking any stats within this decade, it's a disgrace

The league has always been Swan Hill centric. This further proves it.

View attachment 995170

How many League BnF’s are in the side ?

For me if you drop the two wings for Cotchett and Gillingham then it probably looks a lot better.
I've never seen otoole play at full back? Add that he played most of the decade at his home club ultima, Lucas Matthews wouldn't know where the back pocket is and curren, Nalder, Carroll, arentz, foote, Davies were all gun in the 00's but weren't the same players this decade you could see why kerang and woora wouldn't be happy. Kerang is the most dominant club in the history of the league, that sustained success of 6 in a row, where they convincingly won grand finals should be rewarded and so too should the loyalty shown by those guys, by the league actually putting some effort into naming the team rather than throwing some names together, do it properly or don't do it all.

I've never seen otoole play at full back? Add that he played most of the decade at his home club ultima, Lucas Matthews wouldn't know where the back pocket is and curren, Nalder, Carroll, arentz, foote, Davies were all gun in the 00's but weren't the same players this decade you could see why kerang and woora wouldn't be happy. Kerang is the most dominant club in the history of the league, that sustained success of 6 in a row, where they convincingly won grand finals should be rewarded and so too should the loyalty shown by those guys, by the league actually putting some effort into naming the team rather than throwing some names together, do it properly or don't do it all.
All fair calls. Someone like Davies and Foote don’t worry me too much because for about three years even this decade they were apart of that group of 4 at Swan Hill who carried a side like I’ve never seen before. Carroll was the leading goal scorer so even though he wasn’t dominant he is one I think it is fair to reward consistency but this is where the side is a joke, it’s all over the place. Arentz and Nalder I don’t get and I would’ve thought Thompson was ahead of Curran and they play together and that’s forgetting Thamm who Was probably the obvious choice on a HFF. O’Toole at FB is just a piss weak call, name him in the side if you want but at fullback is a joke.
Woora is a funny club where outside of Cadd off the top of my head I can’t think of anyone who is really deserving even though they have been the second best club the last decade.
no doubt there are players out there who have slipped my mind who should be considered too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles landed themselves a great recruit with Ayden Tessari coming on board. Will be a great addition to the club...boy can play
Is Dean Helmers the old Romsey and Broadford Coach still Coaching up there?

Thanks Trent, fair point that I do remember going down back once in the late 90's but I got scared and ran back to the middle, I have faith Matty Dean can handle the backline if I run forward with Luke o'T!

Thanks Trent, fair point that I do remember going down back once in the late 90's but I got scared and ran back to the middle, I have faith Matty Dean can handle the backline if I run forward with Luke o'T!

Lol playing in the backline is left for hacks like me, who couldn't make it in the middle, like where you and Tooley played your best footy

Can anyone tell me what sort of player Joel Helman is? Never seen him play but seen him in the Bendigo addy and his from Cohuna if I’m correct. Any good? He was one of the names I didn’t recognise in the TOTD. Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back