Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Central Murray FL Part 2

The Raiders will need any help they can muster. If it costs $$$ then you have to pay it. They haven't paid much at all in the last few years and lacked that couple of players to make them a better side. If they can get a couple, maybe the recruits class and the clubs youth and enthusiasm might lift them up the table a bit.

The Raiders will need any help they can muster. If it costs $$$ then you have to pay it. They haven't paid much at all in the last few years and lacked that couple of players to make them a better side. If they can get a couple, maybe the recruits class and the clubs youth and enthusiasm might lift them up the table a bit.

Agreed.. Clubs that are at the lower end it's a difficult situation. Players don't come to a lower club for nothing, so they have to pay well to break the trend. You can either roll over n pay nothing n stay down the bottom or u have a crack. They have had a quality colts side for last two seasons. Spend some money to help them.

Still here but just trying to keep a low profile:D I was going to ask the same about the clearances. I just tried the CMFL website and it wouldn't load

Mate, Lalbert or should I say the Malee Eagles will be unbeatable if they gell together, and I guess if you spend 150k plus for your footy team you would expect to play off at a minimum, with money comes pressure it will an interesting year at Lalbert to see if the locals accept the large amounts of cash that are spent on the mebourne boys and whether all the egos can play in one team. Good Luck

Mate, Lalbert or should I say the Malee Eagles will be unbeatable if they gell together, and I guess if you spend 150k plus for your footy team you would expect to play off at a minimum, with money comes pressure it will an interesting year at Lalbert to see if the locals accept the large amounts of cash that are spent on the mebourne boys and whether all the egos can play in one team. Good Luck
Mate plenty of teams will be over the 150k this year but it's the only way to get a side that won't get smashed every week for some clubs anyway

Mate plenty of teams will be over the 150k this year but it's the only way to get a side that won't get smashed every week for some clubs anyway

Exactly right. What do clubs do when they in a situation that we have been in. We either don't spend any money and keep getting belted or we spend some money and hope that we can start to work our way out of a hole and win some games which will then make recruiting easier down the track. Let me say also that I beleive our committee have been terrific in that they have been very responsible with any money that is going out, they have been able to get the place in great shape off the field and now it is time to start the progress on the ground. Lets see how it goes, everyone else is trying to get better each year as well so it is never easy

Who is going to coach the Kerang seniors this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Darryl White's name in the clearance file can anyone confirm or deny that it's the "darryl white" who used to make magic happen on a regular basis? what a recruit, looks like no forward in this comp will have an easy game on him! he won't get more than 2 kicked on him in any game this year! i know who i'll be watching this year go demons!!!

By the sounds of things the league will be relatively even this year, which is the way it should be. Keeping top teams on their toes and bottom teams with a hope each week.
Seen cotchett to kerang, a pint sized zippy midfielder who will stamp his authority early. Captained at port Melbourne.

Corey Bakker returning home also, what an absolute war horse, by far the toughest, smartest and honest player I've ever played with. Look forward to seeing him on the track again.
Panning out to be an exciting season with plenty of talk.
Stay classy

Any word from the Praccy match circuit on the weekend lads.

Our boys ventured down to the big smoke for a games against Southern Footy League team Lyndale. Was a good hit out with a very young side. Was a good workout for our young ones in particular who keep improving. Bo Alexander showed his class whilst everyone else did what they needed to do

I see Darryl White's name in the clearance file can anyone confirm or deny that it's the "darryl white" who used to make magic happen on a regular basis? what a recruit, looks like no forward in this comp will have an easy game on him! he won't get more than 2 kicked on him in any game this year! i know who i'll be watching this year go demons!!!

http://www.thenortherntimes.com.au/...ndhalf-blues-against-mallee-side/2109272.aspx

The second article in that link. Great get by the demons

i think the credit card will have smoke coming off it from what i have heard after the trip up.
I was told by a good source that Filo wants to coach in BFL next season and is just trying to spend every cent the raipers have such is his dislike for them, I bet that he doesnt finish the season with them.

Whats the word on practise games? results?

I heard barham went down to murrabit?

I also heard swan hill had an ugly encounter with eagle hawk in which the coach big foot got sent off for fighting. pretty poor form from a coach in a practise match i would've thought.

might still be a bit upset from kicking too many points and handing kerang a flag?

Apparently kerang were smashed by cobram from all reports. kerangs coach is out for most of the year with a broken ankle is the mail i get.

I also hear balranald were kept goalless for a half of footy cant remember who they were playing or how many they had out can anyone elaborate?

what about the rest of the sides whats going on around the traps?

Rumour has it Kerang defeated Boort in a practice match very easily, with David Spriggs kicking 10?????

Kerang were not smashed by Cobram. Went down by about 5 goals in the end with an undermanned side. About 20 players could make it over due to the others already having committments.

Played 6 quarter match against Boort on Sunday and won by 100+ points. Correct judd, Spriggs kicked 10 (or around that amount anyway) in just 3 quarters of footy im pretty sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back