Politics & Government Centralia

Should SA and NT merge?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I see you and raise you Annastacia Palaszczuk and Jackie Trad, and that's just Qld.
We will always have meatheads in power in Canberra, regardless of their political persuasion. Why replicate them 8 times around the country?

It's not about replication, but rather, cancelling out & mitigating the morons power against one another; Making it all the harder for complicit corruption to take hold right across the nation.

And Queenslands gunna Queensland, no matter what.....Who else but them could produce Pauline & Mr Potato head.

Last edited:
South and North Queensland should definitely separate, even a Central Queensland.

Ridiculous that most of the money in Queensland comes from Central or North Queensland, but the government only spend it on Southeast Queensland.

* splitting Queensland. Those campaigners aren't giving us more conservative senators.

It's not about replication, but rather, cancelling out & mitigating the morons power against one another; Making it all the harder for complicit corruption to take hold right across the nation.

And Queenslands gunna Queensland, no matter what.....Who else but them could produce Pauline & Mr Potato head.
Explain how State Premiers etc. mitigate anything that happens in Canberra.
Every COAG meeting they puff their chests out and demand stuff but generally go home with what they were offered in the first place.
Surely having less people in individual positions of power lessens the amount of corruption or at least thins the layers where it can hide?

I don't know. I don't live up there. But if you want statehood that's the bare minimum needed to start it.

This reminds me of WA people who want to quit Australia then keep voting for federal parties... not going to happen that way.

I don't know. I don't live up there. But if you want statehood that's the bare minimum needed to start it.

This reminds me of WA people who want to quit Australia then keep voting for federal parties... not going to happen that way.
Where did I say that I wanted a separate State in Qld?
In fact I advocate the abolition of all States, not creating more.
The secessionist movement in WA is a completely different topic. They want to create an entirely new country.

I've always loved THIS old map (1838) of Australia, and the proposed 'states':

Australia-states.jpg

The idea of living in an area called Flindersland appealed to me as he's my favourite explorer.

https://www.smithjournal.com.au/blogs/history/the-australian-states-that-could-have-been

Funny seeing where Victoria and Tasmania are, and Melburnians and Sydneysiders would all be in the same state :p

Choosing capitals would be interesting...

1. Broome?
2. Perth
3. Darwin
4. Umm... every town here seems to have populations smaller than 400. Shittest state for sure. Eucla maybe? Population 53 but at least it's near the coast and smack bang in the middle.
5. Alice Springs? Think it just sneaks in (latitude 23 deg)
6. Adelaide
7. Cairns?
8. Brisbane
9. Canberra. Only way to avoid a civil war between Sydney and Melbourne. Powerhouse state if they could avoid killing each other though.

Last edited:
WA and NT and QLD and NZ should all merge.
have the bastards surrounded
If WA and NZ alone ever merged, I'd finally feel like I belonged :')
Never been to NT and have no affiliation with Queensland so their involvement would detract from the merger :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread helped me to learn that there's a transcontinental railway between Adelaide and Darwin.

Rad.

Tbh I thought there had always been one, so I was surprised to find out it was only finished in like 2004.

Tbh I thought there had always been one, so I was surprised to find out it was only finished in like 2004.

I guess I just never thought about it but yeah it's actually more shocking there was a time they didn't.

What is the general mood in the NT about merging from what you've experienced?

I guess I just never thought about it but yeah it's actually more shocking there was a time they didn't.

What is the general mood in the NT about merging from what you've experienced?

"NT problems require NT solutions."

Considering most people here want NT to become a state, not be absorbed into one, there isn't a lot of support.

Give the NT to the Aborigines lock stock and barrel. They can form their own country.
No more landrights claims or special privileges.

I hope this is sarcasm.

Aaaaaawwww. We got our first offended snowflake.
Dont worry, the looney left gang who have taken over social media will be here soon to back you up.

Without going into a political rant about left or right, explain how this is a good idea.

Move the border north and expand South Australia

Then continue that border eastward til it hits the sea, splitting Queensland.

South Queensland can be its own state

North Queensland and NT can merge into a new single state.
And they'll call this new state Canetoadia.

Back