2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Elimination Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Barkla has a bit to work with. a couple nice assists for Fantasia and that 2v1 win on the wing. Wouldn't mind giving him another year.

Teakle and Scully in the ruck cost us the game, no doubt.

Does he have another contract? I'm expecting he'll be delisted this year?
Whoops looks like we gave him an extension last year until end of 2023. Really hope we delist him, because there doesn’t seem to be any upside. Need to invest the development in Hayes and Visentini.

Why did we prioritise a spud like Lycett being available next week over winning this game?

Now the AFL team has anywhere between two and four weeks left with no reserves. If we make the GF and somebody gets injured in a prelim, we'll have to bring in somebody who hasn't played football at any level in three weeks to replace them. Winning this game was far more important than having Lycett available next week. And he probably wouldn't have gotten injured and still would have been available anyway.
Yep, it's a huge concern.

I'm just looking at Jonas, Evans, Lord, Hayes, Narkle, Fantasia and Bonner and can't see any stepping up and performing on the back of no games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SANFL's rules make sure we'll never be competitive, but we were a way off the pace in the last. The usual one-sided umpiring didn't help, but it wasn't the difference. The 2's, like the 1's, have an unaccountable defence which is built on us keeping the ball forward. Trouble is, we don't have the skills to do that.

Presumably Lycett is in for the Power, and possibly Fantasia, so we would have been comprehensively beaten next week, probably by the Crows. Again.

Would have been beaten next week regardless. This team was lucky to play finals.

We've played in 3 sanfool GF's in the last 9 years and choked big time in all of them. We're not going to win one now with significantly inferior list depth.

Shithouse in key moments once again.

Teakle is barely ammo’s standard, let alone SANFL, let alone AFL. The fact we gave him another contract is bizarre, even for a club that’s done some truly bizarre s**t over the past decade.

A lot of our young talls worry me. Scully gives nothing. Pasini has forgotten how to defend. McCallum is meh. Kyle Marshall might be okay once he puts on some weight.
I’ve said it a hundred times Teakle cannot play football and struggle to think of a worse player since we joined the AFL.

Your happy with no depth and a losing culture then?
The days of the Port Magpies are long gone.

Losing a final in a tin pot competition is nothing to get worked up about.

Main objective was to get minutes into the players who are a chance to play this week against Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back