2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Elimination Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The days of the Port Magpies are long gone.

Losing a final in a tin pot competition is nothing to get worked up about.

Main objective was to get minutes into the players who are a chance to play this week against Brisbane.
No s**t Sherlock? So you are happy having no depth whatsoever

You kid but I'm tired of the SANFL senior coaching role being used as an entry level job from a recently retired player to become a line assistant.
Bassett would've pulled the same game losing moves to preserve players for AFL selection.. whats the point?

Main objective was to get minutes into the players who are a chance to play this week against Brisbane.
One of the reason's for our AFL teams drop in form in the later half of the season was because the coaches started being too cute with selection. If AFL listed players can't last a full game of SANFL, then i don't want them in AFL team. As a former coach of mine said to our team, the player who puts a hand in here and there is the one that gets injured more than the player who commits their body. The mentality of resting players for a possible AFL stint next week to the determent of the club's success doesn't sit well with me.

No s**t Sherlock? So you are happy having no depth whatsoever
Hence the reason that Port are chasing Grundy, Esava and BZT.

The vast majority of our tall players in the SANFL are project players as our hand was forced with our draft position at the time.

You can't expect them to stand up in the heat of finals at this early stage. It is all about their development.

Pretty soulless club we are. Today is typical of the season and the club's belly.
Our talls don't take enough marks. Hardly any presence in the air.
Our fitness is worse than a middle of the road sanfl club.
Our defence is poor and teams score easily against us in the transition.
Our resilience is soft. We watch umpteen 3 goal leads evaporate in a few minutes.

Why rest Lycett? He may have helped win the game in the final quarter.

Another pathetic loss in a final we were in aposition to win and so ******* predictable. There is none of the old Port spirit there and as I have posted before we have players have have both eyes on an AFL spot and not on team success. I suspect that most of us are getting tired of the shite that is being served up every year at season's end. From my perspective I need the Power to produce something in the coming weeks to restore my faith but I am not going to hold my breath waiting,

******* disappointing end to it.

Time to accept the long clear reality that the Sanfl team is just our version of the AFL ressies, its sole role is to prepare , develop, condition players in readiness for the league. Probably best to move to a national reserves comp rather then keep up with the pretence of the glory Maggies days. Its just a source of frustration for those of us who try to hang on and probably hinders the club as a whole playing to compromised rules and conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the main objective of match fitness extends further than one week of the finals. This is a bad loss. Centrals have no star power at all. The club is sitting idle.

Bombing it deep to no one so 3 oppo players can mop up and rebound seemed to be the instructions in the last quarter. Hard to win like that.

Edit: and can't say I've seen Scully ruck all year, then throw him in (leaving no tall fwds) when the game is on the line lol

Hence the reason that Port are chasing Grundy, Esava and BZT.

The vast majority of our tall players in the SANFL are project players as our hand was forced with our draft position at the time.

You can't expect them to stand up in the heat of finals at this early stage. It is all about their development.
Teakle is 24 next month he’s not developing he is absolute garbage. The draft position we were in was our own doing, have a look at the Cows SANFL side far more structure far more intensity.

Time to accept the long clear reality that the Sanfl team is just our version of the AFL ressies, its sole role is to prepare , develop, condition players in readiness for the league. Probably best to move to a national reserves comp rather then keep up with the pretence of the glory Maggies days. Its just a source of frustration for those of us who try to hang on and probably hinders the club as a whole playing to compromised rules and conditions.
Not allowing players to play because they didn’t play in the last SANFL game is laughable

Annoying to lose this one. The Magpies playing another week would definitely have helped the AFL side.

That said, it’s a seriously young team. First year players Marshall, Scully, McCalum, Barkla and even Pasini, Burgoyne and Jackson will all benefit massively from another preseason. As will guys not out there today in Sinn, Visentini and Lord.

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if the Magpies would made finals, I would have pretty confidently said no. Not saying we massively overachieved either, we snuck in with a losing record.

Great season from Hagan as an 18/19 year old. Deserves to find his way on to our rookie list for next year.

Sutcliffe, one year too long as captain. I wonder what Luke Dunstan is doing next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back