2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Very enjoyable first trip to the Ponderosa today.

Marshall had a good game and if he's in the right headspace should be straight into the AFL team next week.

Kane Farrell was excellent again, he can't be far off getting a game this season. He's going to be a great player for us.

Dom Barry is also close to recall on today's performance and I think Lindsay Thomas again put his best foot forward today to put some pressure on Neade's place in the team.

Frampton played his best game for a while which was also encouraging.

Plenty of signs from Patmore and Garner again that they have an AFL future as well.

Thomas leading goal kicker again. Has righted his wrongs (according to Michael Christian) and surely is a look in next week, like for like swap with Neade
Personally I'd like to see him use his 200 games of experience to win the ball legitimate more and not try and draw a free kick at every opportunity. It looks incredibly soft and on top of that needs to stop trying to maim opposition players.

Sure enough, a Centrals supporter on Adelaide Now complaining about only winning the free kicks 25-19:

Fred1 17 hours ago

"The umpiring of the game was disgraceful, especially in the third quarter. Can anyone explain why a Port Magpies official spent several minutes talking to the umpires, just before the bounce at half time, before returning to the Port bunker?"

Sure enough, a Centrals supporter on Adelaide Now complaining about only winning the free kicks 25-19:

Fred1 17 hours ago

"The umpiring of the game was disgraceful, especially in the third quarter. Can anyone explain why a Port Magpies official spent several minutes talking to the umpires, just before the bounce at half time, before returning to the Port bunker?"
Maybe there's a rule that says we are only allowed half of the opposition frees or less. Poor Centrals they were hard done by!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fred1 17 hours ago

Is Warren Parklands still posting comments on his own sanfull reports?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Warren Parklands still posting comments on his own sanfull reports?

He was at the battle of the composite teams match:

Crows coach Ryan O’Keefe spoke to the umpires as they left the ground at half time, seeking clarification on the discrepancy in the free kick count.

“The first quarter hurt us, in the contest space we got bullied around a bit,” O’Keefe said. “After that we were good.

“There are a lot of young, top up players and their endeavour and energy was fantastic, we can’t question that.

“All year they have been bringing that effort and as coaches, that is all you can ask. The Eagles probably had more AFL experience than we did.”

Fred1 17 hours ago

They're a real bitter distorted bunch down there. There must have been some bomb testing that happened down at the Ponderosa a few decades back. They must be furious that the sanfl didn't schedule this game during a clash with a Power home game. They had to endure Port supporters being at their ground.

They're a real bitter distorted bunch down there. There must have been some bomb testing that happened down at the Ponderosa a few decades back. They must be furious that the sanfl didn't schedule this game during a clash with a Power home game. They had to endure Port supporters being at their ground.

Rules don’t allow it. Port were able to have Summerton as an original magpie as captain. Once he retires the captain has to be afl listed or straight off the list.
I'm not sure we can play someone once off the AFL list, at least for 2 years. Aren't new AFL delistees embargoed from the reserves teams for the 2 SA AFL clubs until then?

They must be furious that the sanfl didn't schedule this game during a clash with a Power home game. They had to endure Port supporters being at their ground.

It was close to a 50/50 crowd there yesterday. IIRC, Centrals have requested to play us at the same date and time our AFL team is playing at home for the last few years now. The Ponderosa is one venue I've never seen us play at and in recent years it was impossible to go because of this clash. Looked like a lot of Port fans took the opportunity to go yesterday, thankfully we were rewarded with a great win.

It was close to a 50/50 crowd there yesterday. IIRC, Centrals have requested to play us at the same date and time our AFL team is playing at home for the last few years now. The Ponderosa is one venue I've never seen us play at and in recent years it was impossible to go because of this clash. Looked like a lot of Port fans took the opportunity to go yesterday, thankfully we were rewarded with a great win.
Would it be the closest ground to Alberton?

Would it be the closest ground to Alberton?

It is the northernmost suburban ground in metropolitan Adelaide. The outer northern suburbs had a strongly English working class migrant input in its early days. So allegiances up there were divided as Centrals are one of the newest sanfl clubs. Port Adelaide as an established successful working man's club has always been well supported in the north of Adelaide.

I'm not sure we can play someone once off the AFL list, at least for 2 years. Aren't new AFL delistees embargoed from the reserves teams for the 2 SA AFL clubs until then?

I believe it's off any main afl list but off the rookie list I know that we can but from the minimum rookie wage to 400 a game, it's unlikely. After arguing a case we were able to recruit Luke Reynolds back from Carlton because he wasn't on an afl list. Also I believe the rules are tweaked, not for the better, each year and we're not made aware of them.

I've been calling for the club to challenge the rules but it is time to just break them and see what happens.

Many may not care about the Magpies reserves but would you want to be a contracted player knowing you're getting belted in any week that you're not playing league? Never did this club have any team being an embarrassment. We didn't allow. We shouldn't allow it now. The jumper is too important to all the former greats.

Last edited:
From those that observe, could Farrell end up doing a Robbie Gray and move into the midfield at some stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back