2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Elizabeth

Saturday 3rd of July 2:10pm at X Convenience Oval.

For details on how to watch the game go to this thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watching-the-maggies-in-the-sanfl-in-2021.1255843/

Pending the injury list update, we could be set to gain back Butters, Clurey and Mead. Weidemann (chest) and Samblich (knee) will both be assessed. I reckon Williams and Hammer (if fit) play here. Bonner and Mayes are called up. Sutcliffe has hurt his shoulder and will miss 6 weeks, and it sounds like Burgoyne has a really bad hammy and is out for 3 months. Duursma still another week away.

This game is on the same day as the AFL game so the sub won't be able to play (EG: Frederick).

Unfortunately due to our injuries we've dropped out of the top 5, season is slipping away if we can't get some numbers back on the park.
1624785846298.png

Maggies Side:
IN: Butters, Clurey, Hartlett, Mead, Williams, Weidemann, Samblich
OUT: Mayes (AFL), Bonner (AFL), Ladhams (AFL), Edwards, Wong, Dickson, Nicholas

F: Williams - Lord - Woodcock
HF: Moore - Weidemann - McEntee
C: Mead - Appleton - Wildman
HB: Hartlett - Pasini - Strange
B: Goldsack - Clurey - Garner
R: Hayes - Corcoran - Butters
INT FROM: Westbrook - Samblich - Aldridge - Carter

Last edited:
Miller Carter bumped a guy in the head and got a 1 week suspension, but with an early plea he instead gets a fine of over half his wages ($125).

He might not even play, so it probs would be better to keep the money.

We could have to play 18+ contracted players this week or the game could be cancelled and rescheduled as there is a split round over Rd 17 weekends of 31st July and 7th August as both Port and the crows have byes that round.

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We could have to play 18+ contracted players this week or the game could be cancelled and rescheduled as there is a split round over Rd 17 weekends of 31st July and 7th August as both Port and the crows have byes that round.

Any idea who they took across? Just the flat 22 squad?

I was thinking the same.

Any idea who they took across? Just the flat 22 squad?

I was thinking the same.
They are taking a big squad across but not sure how many. JakeNeadeFan wrote in the injury thread that Richo said they would fly players over for the game if need be.

Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's no way the SANFL game should go ahead if we have an extended squad in Melbourne - same for the Crows. We can barely field a team as it is, let along having extra players unavailable.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Port Adelaide will be strengthened by the return of four AFL-listed players for its game against Central at X Convenience Oval.

Classy forward Zak Butters will resume from his ankle ailment while key defender Tom Clurey has recovered from his broken jaw.

Jackson Mead has overcome his surprise setback with a ruptured spleen while Hamish Hartlett is back from AFL duty.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
F: Moore, Lord, Butters

HF: Carter, Weidemann, McEntee

C: Hartlett, Appleton, Wildman

HB: Westbrook, Goldsack, Strange

B: Garner, Clurey, Pasini

R: Hayes, Mead, Samblich

INT: Corcoran, Aldridge, Edwards, Wong

IN: Butters, Clurey, Mead, Hartlett

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Initial Maggies Side: (3 players to drop back in)
IN: Butters, Clurey, Hartlett, Mead, Weidemann, Samblich
OUT: Mayes (AFL), Bonner (AFL), Ladhams (AFL), Woodcock (AFL), Dickson, Nicholas

F: Edwards - Lord - Wong
HF: Moore - Weidemann - McEntee
C: Mead - Appleton - Wildman
HB: Hartlett - Pasini - Strange
B: Goldsack - Clurey - Garner
R: Hayes - Corcoran - Butters
INT FROM: Westbrook - Samblich - Aldridge - Carter
EMERG: Frederick - Ladhams - Williams - Woodcock

that’s probably the strongest magpies team for about a month

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Good, if true.

I've seen the Magpies merch up close worn by the players and staff, and the teal border is there but it just doesn't suit. It would be aesthetically better if they dumped it from the black, white, silver merch.
I would even drop the silver. I would go with a thicker outer white border.

Back