Centrelink debt notices - Turnbull govt reaches new levels of arse clown-ness

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know how much credit to give this article but supposedly from a whistleblower.
One thing I do know is it is not just the program but staff cuts, poor hardware, constant changes in the system, low moral, staff cuts and no pay increase for over 3 years. Site managers have their hands full and are just as frustrated with a high backlog of checks, reviews and appeals.

Is it time to talk about Porter, and Morrison having blood on their hands as was spoken of Rudd, and Garrett over pink batts? Or is this yet another example of different standards being applied to different governments?

No, it's a massive stretch to link the incident with this issue.

People don't commit suicide over issues like this, there are much bigger and more troubling things going on to even come to this point.

The batts program directly related in deaths because of the shithouse nonexistent governance and risk management the program had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's a massive stretch to link the incident with this issue.

People don't commit suicide over issues like this, there are much bigger and more troubling things going on to even come to this point.

The batts program directly related in deaths because of the shithouse nonexistent governance and risk management the program had

That and people forgetting that drinking water before going up in 50+ deg temp roof-cavitys could be important

Last edited:
That and people forgetting that drinking water before going up in 50+ deg temp roof-cavitys

I liked the program in principle, but everything about its setup and execution was a cluster *

dept of enviro had never handled anything like this, treasury should have been in charge day one

The bottom line in the Batts was poor supervision and management, not government
WE all knew this

What's that other mobs excuse ??
You know , the COWARD , Murdoch.....the lackers at 2GB........

Yet another awful Centrelink story

As a struggling single mother, Centrelink terrorised me over ex-partner's debt

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...-me-over-expartners-debt-20170205-gu61nu.html

It is wrong, but our politicians are running out of ideas.

We are quickly approaching 600 billion in debt, and before you know it we will hit 1 trillion, and once that happens it is game over.
The more debt the Govt incurs, the worst off it becomes for low income earners. Ultimately we are paying 20-30 billion dollars in interest, which could be used for other worthwhile causes. If you increase taxes, the cost of living increases, and low income earners fall way behind.

Ever since John Howard was voted out of office, our politicians have been addicted to spending money we don't have.
We have made it very very difficult for our kids to purchase a house, they are going to be stuck with huge debts and an environment that is getting worst. Our politicians shrug their shoulders and keep promising things they know we cannot afford....but we demand it.
A country gets the politicians they deserve.

We are quickly approaching 600 billion in debt, and before you know it we will hit 1 trillion, and once that happens it is game over.
The more debt the Govt incurs, the worst off it becomes for low income earners. Ultimately we are paying 20-30 billion dollars in interest, which could be used for other worthwhile causes. If you increase taxes, the cost of living increases, and low income earners fall way behind.

Ever since John Howard was voted out of office, our politicians have been addicted to spending money we don't have.
We have made it very very difficult for our kids to purchase a house, they are going to be stuck with huge debts and an environment that is getting worst. Our politicians shrug their shoulders and keep promising things they know we cannot afford....but we demand it.
Little Johnny was the worst, sold assetts and our gold reserves.

I wouldn't say it's spending that's the problem, it's the refusal to tax accordingly. The obsession is cutting taxes even when we know it will leave us unable to afford our current standard of living.

One also can't forget the GFC; that wasn't our government's fault and spending was the appropriate response.

I wouldn't say it's spending that's the problem, it's the refusal to tax accordingly. The obsession is cutting taxes even when we know it will leave us unable to afford our current standard of living.

One also can't forget the GFC; that wasn't our government's fault and spending was the appropriate response.

We had China, so we were insulated primarily because we had no debt. Europe was awash with debt and the US just don't bother checking their debt, because it is past the point of no return. Rudd crapped on about spending like drunken sailors and he did just that. Remember the cheques we all received? I remember telling my wife that we would end up paying 20 fold for this money.......and we have.

With respect to tax....the average PAYE earner gets screwed.
22-40% from your salary depending on what you earn, Medicare, petrol excise, GST, and if you like a punt,smoke or drink, the Treasurer loves you because you are paying over the odds. Then we have our Super.....the money they should be leaving alone, but again addicted to spending.

We had China, so we were insulated primarily because we had no debt. Europe was awash with debt and the US just don't bother checking their debt, because it is past the point of no return. Rudd crapped on about spending like drunken sailors and he did just that. Remember the cheques we all received? I remember telling my wife that we would end up paying 20 fold for this money.......and we have.

With respect to tax....the average PAYE earner gets screwed.
22-40% from your salary depending on what you earn, Medicare, petrol excise, GST, and if you like a punt,smoke or drink, the Treasurer loves you because you are paying over the odds. Then we have our Super.....the money they should be leaving alone, but again addicted to spending.
Without the stimulus, we would have entered recession and suffered a deeper economic malaise for far longer. That's not Rudd 'crapping on', that's just about every economist then and now.

As for tax, 22 per cent is insanely low. Australia is taxed lower than most OECD nations. And that is despite the fact that our vast nation guarantees that essential services will cost more. Everybody wants their tax to be as close to zero, but still want Medicare, police, fire, schools etc.

When he left office, there was zero Govt debt, 20 billion in the bank, and 59 billion in the future fund. Howard got a lot of the credit but it
was Keating that did all of the hard work.

Pretty sure he had a fair chunk of unfunded public service super propping these figures up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back