Centrelink Law Reform Australia

Max Couples Pension is $653.50 each, Max Singles is $867.00 but they have different assets and income tests.

You can get the $867 each as couples if one member of the couple cannot live at home due to illness. I have no idea why it is the case but it can be beneficial to be single as Power Raid has stated.

But if Centrelink pick up that you live at the same Primary Residence, they'll start asking questions.
Really strange unless they take into account utility accounts would be the same for single or a couple but that is a big difference.

Really strange unless they take into account utility accounts would be the same for single or a couple but that is a big difference.
That is probably the explanation for Couples being less since most utility costs and others things would be shared. However, don't lie to Centrelink as per the article.

The government already can monitor you fairly easily through social media, tax file numbers on the banks/share trading and other areas.

That is probably the explanation for Couples being less since most utility costs and others things would be shared. However, don't lie to Centrelink as per the article.

The government already can monitor you fairly easily through social media, tax file numbers on the banks/share trading and other areas.
Whose lying? I didn't know that there was such a big difference in benefits. Agree though no point in hiding anything.

Already had a run-in many, many, years ago when I neglected to tell them about re-reimbursement of travel allowance.
Used my car for work (legitimately) and then claimed mileage, they considered it income. Didn't hide it as I really didn't think it was income but always sent them copies of my wage slip. Funny thing was it took them 12 months to let me know. Amount involved was less than $80.00, had to do with the old Child Endowment I think it was called.
Still think they were wrong.

Whose lying? I didn't know that there was such a big difference in benefits. Agree though no point in hiding anything.

Already had a run-in many, many, years ago when I neglected to tell them about re-reimbursement of travel allowance.
Used my car for work (legitimately) and then claimed mileage, they considered it income. Didn't hide it as I really didn't think it was income but always sent them copies of my wage slip. Funny thing was it took them 12 months to let me know. Amount involved was less than $80.00, had to do with the old Child Endowment I think it was called.
Still think they were wrong.
I am saying general about the lying part. Don't lie to Centrelink! :p

I am saying general about the lying part. Don't lie to Centrelink! :p
Oh okay. What do you think about my situation, would you consider it income?
I wasn't as assertive to ask questions at that time as I would now.

Oh okay. What do you think about my situation, would you consider it income?
I wasn't as assertive to ask questions at that time as I would now.

Exempt income
  • reimbursement of expenses
I think they could have been asking about if it was put into your salary as a car allowance because that would be considered income.

Exempt income

• reimbursement of expenses
I think they could have been asking about if it was put into your salary as a car allowance because that would be considered income.
Knew I should have challenged. Yes it was put into my wages only after I had put the claim in. Wasn't a set amount.
Oh well, done now.

Centrelink may pick up on that if they're living at the same house. Might claim that they're de-facto now and shove em onto a couples pension.

But it is concerning that a singles pension seems more beneficial than the couples one. Especially after 1st Jan 2017 rules.

worse, he is advising asset shifting into one person name post divorce. effectively entitling one to a pension, they wouldn't otherwise be allowed.

according to him, this is standard advice. I just hope he is extending the truth.

worse, he is advising asset shifting into one person name post divorce. effectively entitling one to a pension, they wouldn't otherwise be allowed.

according to him, this is standard advice. I just hope he is extending the truth.
Well, it is not standard advice at our firm. He needs to be careful with it too because defrauding Centrelink and finding out that the Adviser is involved has soime serious ramifications.

Well, it is not standard advice at our firm. He needs to be careful with it too because defrauding Centrelink and finding out that the Adviser is involved has soime serious ramifications.

This was coming from a FP firm owned by bikies and mafia. So perhaps the advice is as standard as claimed.

But it does bring into question ASIC who issue licences to known criminals.

Gazalong

Rookie
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas/new year.

Centrelink has been getting a lot of media coverage lately for stalling on support payments such as the subsidies that allow Medical students to attend University. These subsidies and allowances are no less valid then those going to big business.
The difference being, these recipients can not afford a lawyer to apply their lawful rights.
Some have argued the stalling of applications and owed monies is a deliberate act by Government.
Given the breadth and extent it seem to be the case, but it is a false economy that we pay for latter.

► Centrelink stalls study payments • Self-Supported Medical Students left struggling with food and rent
http://www.smh.com.au/wa-news/perth...stalls-on-study-payments-20160217-gmwrbp.html

Centrelink delay approving Youth Allowance costly • TAFE students Applications Not Processed
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3729279/delays-to-centrelink-payments-cause-for-concern/

Community Page ► https://www.facebook.com/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia/
Facebook Group ► https://www.facebook.com/groups/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia
Google Plus ► https://plus.google.com/112415756715532191104
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/CentrelinkLaw

Cheers,
Gary

PetrikDngerfild

Senior List
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
These subsidies and allowances are no less valid then those going to big business.

How the * are subsidies to seven figure+ equity titles more valid than the social services used to keep the people afloat these blood squeezing companies milk to the bone, and off the product that is generally our own national resources. That aside even if it's someones new solar technology and not everyones coal, these companies float their entire worth and prosperity off their consumer base. Which is why they pay tax. Everyones quick to forget how unnecessary and dependent most these companies.

When they were nothing they begged skilled workers from the UK to flock here and work for them. On the provisions of free land in Camberwell or 10 000 acres in Alaksa.. or 10 pounds practically in any of our suburbs. A ten pound pom was so scarce, yet these business still had enough incentive to remain open :rolleyes: and desperately chase skilled workers from building sites for the next job. Now it's a situation of greed and a grapplehold on the consumer. The market these days is flooded with a supply of skilled and ready workers, the private end holds all the power. You now have people being brainwashed that they should "enjoy" and "want" to work, that's the cultural moulding these days. As well as going through automated employment processes... rather than getting chased up onsite by a bloke needing a skilled tradesman.

Clearly we need them all to bankrupt and start fresh. There are literally millions of people here and ready with more incentive to pickup the new markets that will become vacant once these greedy useless people with less incentive to work apparently give up and sook. That's the bottom line.

Incriminating themselves by crying in response to new taxes. Displays their sheer lack of skill and respect for wealth. Something that would be far more utilized by millions of other more motivated and higher skilled people, should they choose to spit the dummy and close up.

Last edited:

Gazalong

Rookie
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How the **** are subsidies to seven figure+ equity titles more valid than the social services used to keep the people afloat

Hi Petrik, Clearly Social Services and Subsidies to Students are "Not Less" valid then Subsidies or Tax concessions to Big Business.

"This was my exact point"

Big business and people such as Joe Hockey have stated that the use of Tax concessions, loopholes or Subsidies available through Government policy are your right to use/access. The argument holds that its all Australians right to use any Government Policy Service, including Social Services and Education Subsidies.

We all have a right to services provided by Government, not just Business and Greed driven Capitalists.

Community Page ► https://www.facebook.com/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia/
Facebook Group ► https://www.facebook.com/groups/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia
Google Plus ► https://plus.google.com/112415756715532191104
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/CentrelinkLaw

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:

Gazalong

Rookie
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Government Work For The Dole program results in Death ● Worker falls from Trailer towed by Tractor.
Why is this culturally acceptable by Government. The Government does not represent me or my values for dignity, rights and human life.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...e/news-story/5db56cad4e3a0adcd0b44d35304a45ed

2d21b9e05fa6dfb4704f635e25cddc9a

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
I resigned from my position as the CDP Regional Manager Far West Nsw with Murdi Paaki in January 2016.

I am happy to share my inside knowledge with anyone that is interested.

Gazalong

Rookie
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I got a job two days after Centrelink signed me up to one. I had found, applied, and interviewed beforehand, so the JNA got money for nothing in the most literal sense of the word. I had to give them my employers details too, which was mortifying as the last thing I wanted to do for a professional position was have a JNA or Centrelink contact them.

I have had, pretty much the exact same experience.
I left the Employment Service Provider after being parked without service for a year and moving to a City.
There I applied for a Job on my own, and was sacked after the Service Provider harassed my employer.

The Provider wanted money, for a Job I got "one year after leaving them".

Then I was unemployed and had to return home with no Job.
The Job Service Provider then demanded I supply official details of the Job they had lost me, so they could collect the Government money.

Thank you for sharing Norm.

Regards,
Gary

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/Centrelink.Law.Reform.Australia/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CentrelinkLaw

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Government Work For The Dole program results in Death ● Worker falls from Trailer towed by Tractor.
Why is this culturally acceptable by Government. The Government does not represent me or my values for dignity, rights and human life.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...e/news-story/5db56cad4e3a0adcd0b44d35304a45ed

2d21b9e05fa6dfb4704f635e25cddc9a
The Work for the Dole program did not kill this worker. Do you work for A Current Affair?

Poor supervision and dangerous practices caused this person to die.

I wonder whether this young man received any OH&S Training beforehand, was equipment in good working order, is the company a good employer, what sort of history does this company have etc

If those that sent this young man to work for them under the scheme didn't do or know any of the above, then I would think they would have to take some responsibility.

Very profitable for companies to just push young inexperienced people onto these schemes.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I wonder whether this young man received any OH&S Training beforehand, was equipment in good working order, is the company a good employer, what sort of history does this company have etc

If those that sent this young man to work for them under the scheme didn't do or know any of the above, then I would think they would have to take some responsibility.

Very profitable for companies to just push young inexperienced people onto these schemes.
It is up to the supervisor to conduct an induction. It is up to the JAP to send people to those sites taking into account all those things you mentioned. Some JAPs have their own supervisors, Workskil and Matchworks here in SA are 2 I know of. Some have Government accredited 2nd parties who hire supervisors.

A good supervisor will have the interests of the workers in his care. From the above news article it seems , either the supervisor knew and condoned the riding on the trailer, or did not know and the young fella jumped on. I assume this will all come out in any inquest.

It is up to the supervisor to conduct an induction. It is up to the JAP to send people to those sites taking into account all those things you mentioned. Some JAPs have their own supervisors, Workskil and Matchworks here in SA are 2 I know of. Some have Government accredited 2nd parties who hire supervisors.

A good supervisor will have the interests of the workers in his care. From the above news article it seems , either the supervisor knew and condoned the riding on the trailer, or did not know and the young fella jumped on. I assume this will all come out in any inquest.
My understanding was the the Job Agencies conduct 'job ready courses', I may be wrong however.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
My understanding was the the Job Agencies conduct 'job ready courses', I may be wrong however.
I think you might be linking my comment on induction. Induction is only for the site. Most sites in SA are community based ie churches , sporting or RSL clubs. Most tasks are maintenance based ie painting , repairing and some general building tasks. A good supervisor in his induction will get a sense of the job-seekers skills and abilities and not ask them to do more than their ability.

Collecting rubbish on its own does not seem like an onerous task and one not requiring great skill. The OH&S risks should have been highlighted on-site. As I said the article suggests a practice that should have been stopped in the 1st instance

The ''job ready course'' is more to do with Interview Techniques and Resume Building

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Given the now Guments royal commission into the pink bats affair deaths, shouldn't they order another one into this affair?????
Fairs fair!
If that is the standard then yes. But I also thought the RC was BS. The employer should have been hauled into court

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think you might be linking my comment on induction. Induction is only for the site. Most sites in SA are community based ie churches , sporting or RSL clubs. Most tasks are maintenance based ie painting , repairing and some general building tasks. A good supervisor in his induction will get a sense of the job-seekers skills and abilities and not ask them to do more than their ability.

Collecting rubbish on its own does not seem like an onerous task and one not requiring great skill. The OH&S risks should have been highlighted on-site. As I said the article suggests a practice that should have been stopped in the 1st instance

The ''job ready course'' is more to do with Interview Techniques and Resume Building

What is the rationale for Work for the Dole for older unemployed folk who may have worked for 25 or 30 years prior to unemployment?

I get it for young folk sub 25 years old or 30 years old, but for older unemployed folk?

all valid points but reading the story, it sounds like it was an act of one's own folly to be standing on the trailer and had nothing to do with work. I only base that on the word larrikan and "lively".

The employer appears to be the Royal Agricultural Society Queensland (http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/teenager-dies-after-fall-toowoomba-showgrounds/3001129/). Can anyone comment on their workplace safety record?

regardless of this event; all workers paid or otherwise deserve respect and a safe environment.

Lastly, do you know if Workplace Health and Safety Queensland disclose a report of their findings publicly? I assume they do.

Back