Politics Centrelink

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Officials also faced a grilling about how they had responded to figures that showed 2,030 people had died after they were sent a debt notice, including 812 who were considered vulnerable by Centrelink.
About one in five were under the age of 35.

I dont know what the "normal" death (suicide) rate is for unemployed people but this seems high

It makes the dodgy small business men killing their employees for a buck in the pink batt scheme seem tame

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...osts-government-almost-as-much-as-it-recovers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sainteric

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
Officials also faced a grilling about how they had responded to figures that showed 2,030 people had died after they were sent a debt notice, including 812 who were considered vulnerable by Centrelink.
About one in five were under the age of 35.

I dont know what the "normal" death (suicide) rate is for unemployed people but this seems high

It makes the dodgy small business men killing their employees for a buck in the pink batt scheme seem tame

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...osts-government-almost-as-much-as-it-recovers
Of 400,000 debts I suppose an individual could have more than one, 2000 died that's 0.5 percent. Out on those 2000 almost 1/2 were vulnerable if that means old, cancer patients and drug addicts then it doesn't seem unusual.

Number37

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Of 400,000 debts I suppose an individual could have more than one, 2000 died that's 0.5 percent. Out on those 2000 almost 1/2 were vulnerable if that means old, cancer patients and drug addicts then it doesn't seem unusual.
Said no one with an ounce of humanity, ever.
:rolleyes:

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair, the number is not statistically higher than welfare recipients that haven't received a letter; it's mentioned in the article. The average time of death after receiving the letter is also more than 200 days. People do die, there's no evidence of causation, even if it's still a shit thing to do to people.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
To be fair, the number is not statistically higher than welfare recipients that haven't received a letter; it's mentioned in the article. The average time of death after receiving the letter is also more than 200 days. People do die, there's no evidence of causation, even if it's still a shit thing to do to people.
Shush you'll be labelled an inhuman monster for correctly interpreting statistics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Are you saying the trains will be controlled from Singapore?

I seem to recall in article about a prang it was done from Perth.

I would be seriously disturbed about OH&S and regulative compliance if the trains were operated from outside our jurisdiction.
BHP derailment is thought to have cost them about $300. Imagine if instead of trying to save a dollar, they had left that second person on the train? One remains onboard while they other dismounts and carries out checks. Saving maybe a few million at most has cost them big time.

It's just not rail, there are all sorts of machinery that is currently operated remotely either from Perth or in the case of an underground mine, from a purpose built room on site. These particular ones are used when they need to be mining in unstable ground, they will remote bog it. i guess the military have the capability to do it with drones, remote operate them from the other side of the world.

Kram

I'll brik u
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
How old is this story? Those two chicks at the start dressed in grey, I am sure, were in the same story a few years ago, or have you just thrown up an old story?
Have no idea, just came across it and put it up for a laugh. It's pretty much the exact same story these guys put up every 6 months or so for the past 40+ years anyway.

Big_Luch

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
They love a story on Basa Fillets from Vietnam....having worked at a supermarket it is the biggest drainer hearing about how bad basa fillets are...the same customers forget about it two weeks later...end up back on the basa diet.

(i've seen personal photos of where this industry is...and no its not in some dirt ridden waterway).

_Swoon

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
They love a story on Basa Fillets from Vietnam....having worked at a supermarket it is the biggest drainer hearing about how bad basa fillets are...the same customers forget about it two weeks later...end up back on the basa diet.

(i've seen personal photos of where this industry is...and no its not in some dirt ridden waterway).
Basa is simply the best value fish you can buy from the supermarket; nice texture, can be cooked anyway you please and usually $9/kg. Anyone who says otherwise can just **** right off.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
How old is this story? Those two chicks at the start dressed in grey, I am sure, were in the same story a few years ago, or have you just thrown up an old story?
After the 10 minute recycled current affairs they will have a 20 minute expose' on how cheap Basa fillets are in a particular supermarket. I'm not sure if its Aldi, Coles ore Woolworths turn for the advertisment hard hitting piece of journalism.

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong

Maybe the customers forget about it because Basa are actually members of the goldfish (carp) family, so people are in effect eating goldfish, hence they only have 30 sec memories. (I could possibly have made this up)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL

Gethelred

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
LOL !!!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Kelly O'Dwyer to unveil biggest changes to employment services in two decades

Wouldn't be an election coming , would there ??
So they admit THEIR system is broken ???.....
******* travesty.

Either the system as it stood was flawed and they ******* knew it and held off on changes until before the election, or they're abandoning their principals in pursuit of re-election.

******* cowards. I could deal with it if they were ideologically pure and doing it out of conviction, but in either case, they're weak as piss.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
******* travesty.

A. Either the system as it stood was flawed and they ******* knew it and held off on changes until before the election, or B. they're abandoning their principals in pursuit of re-election.

******* cowards. I could deal with it if they were ideologically pure and doing it out of conviction, but in either case, they're weak as piss.
Option B thanks Eddie

Top Bottom