Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Of 400,000 debts I suppose an individual could have more than one, 2000 died that's 0.5 percent. Out on those 2000 almost 1/2 were vulnerable if that means old, cancer patients and drug addicts then it doesn't seem unusual.

Said no one with an ounce of humanity, ever.
:rolleyes:

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair, the number is not statistically higher than welfare recipients that haven't received a letter; it's mentioned in the article. The average time of death after receiving the letter is also more than 200 days. People do die, there's no evidence of causation, even if it's still a s**t thing to do to people.

To be fair, the number is not statistically higher than welfare recipients that haven't received a letter; it's mentioned in the article. The average time of death after receiving the letter is also more than 200 days. People do die, there's no evidence of causation, even if it's still a s**t thing to do to people.

Shush you'll be labelled an inhuman monster for correctly interpreting statistics.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Are you saying the trains will be controlled from Singapore?

I seem to recall in article about a prang it was done from Perth.

I would be seriously disturbed about OH&S and regulative compliance if the trains were operated from outside our jurisdiction.

BHP derailment is thought to have cost them about $300. Imagine if instead of trying to save a dollar, they had left that second person on the train? One remains onboard while they other dismounts and carries out checks. Saving maybe a few million at most has cost them big time.

It's just not rail, there are all sorts of machinery that is currently operated remotely either from Perth or in the case of an underground mine, from a purpose built room on site. These particular ones are used when they need to be mining in unstable ground, they will remote bog it. i guess the military have the capability to do it with drones, remote operate them from the other side of the world.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Imagine if they went to Broady in the 90's

Or Corio from the 70s up to present day. No Ford, no Alcoa, no Pilkingtons, Shell mostly gone, International Harvester long gone. Corio and Norlane were basically built to house the employees of these businesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
How old is this story? Those two chicks at the start dressed in grey, I am sure, were in the same story a few years ago, or have you just thrown up an old story?
Have no idea, just came across it and put it up for a laugh. It's pretty much the exact same story these guys put up every 6 months or so for the past 40+ years anyway.

Big_Luch

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
They love a story on Basa Fillets from Vietnam....having worked at a supermarket it is the biggest drainer hearing about how bad basa fillets are...the same customers forget about it two weeks later...end up back on the basa diet.

(i've seen personal photos of where this industry is...and no its not in some dirt ridden waterway).

They love a story on Basa Fillets from Vietnam....having worked at a supermarket it is the biggest drainer hearing about how bad basa fillets are...the same customers forget about it two weeks later...end up back on the basa diet.

(i've seen personal photos of where this industry is...and no its not in some dirt ridden waterway).
Basa is simply the best value fish you can buy from the supermarket; nice texture, can be cooked anyway you please and usually $9/kg. Anyone who says otherwise can just * right off.

How old is this story? Those two chicks at the start dressed in grey, I am sure, were in the same story a few years ago, or have you just thrown up an old story?

After the 10 minute recycled current affairs they will have a 20 minute expose' on how cheap Basa fillets are in a particular supermarket. I'm not sure if its Aldi, Coles ore Woolworths turn for the advertisment hard hitting piece of journalism.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

Maybe the customers forget about it because Basa are actually members of the goldfish (carp) family, so people are in effect eating goldfish, hence they only have 30 sec memories. (I could possibly have made this up)

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
LOL !!!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Kelly O'Dwyer to unveil biggest changes to employment services in two decades

Wouldn't be an election coming , would there ??
So they admit THEIR system is broken ???.....
******* travesty.

Either the system as it stood was flawed and they ******* knew it and held off on changes until before the election, or they're abandoning their principals in pursuit of re-election.

******* cowards. I could deal with it if they were ideologically pure and doing it out of conviction, but in either case, they're weak as piss.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
******* travesty.

A. Either the system as it stood was flawed and they ******* knew it and held off on changes until before the election, or B. they're abandoning their principals in pursuit of re-election.

******* cowards. I could deal with it if they were ideologically pure and doing it out of conviction, but in either case, they're weak as piss.
Option B thanks Eddie

Disgusting twisting of the facts as usual by ACA.

No talk of how the job network system is failing these people and forcing them to comply with ridiculous requirements or have their payments cut.

We saw 7 retail positions advertised!!!

Yeah and those businesses need to hire young/attractive sociable people to get business. They're free to do that in a capitalistic system too.

"A job for everybody that wants one" is an absolute myth. The government has never wanted full employment, it's an economic nightmare.

Then you get the roots of who and what these people are. Low intelligence, poorly educated people failed by a system that has offloaded all our manufacturing to China. Not having the social skills (or good looks) for service industries just leaves stuff like cleaning or basic laboring and there will simply never be enough of those jobs to go around except the ones that pay criminally low so close to dole that there is simply little point to busting your back (risking a workplace injury) to get $50 more a week in the bank.

Don't even get me started on the lack of drug and alcohol counselling and the stigma of drug use by people receiving benefits. "*ing junkies shooting up their dole check, *ing scum". Yeah how about maybe stop making it so profitable for the gangs to push the drugs on these vulnerable people with draconian criminalisation.

Continuing to vilify the most disadvantaged people in the country because of their lot in life which they're struggling with doesn't help anybody.

Capitalism has taken dignity away from many people. It's easy to point the blame at the individual yet they're born into a system that gives them very little and continues to erode what they still have left through media propaganda.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Disgusting twisting of the facts as usual by ACA.

No talk of how the job network system is failing these people and forcing them to comply with ridiculous requirements or have their payments cut.

We saw 7 retail positions advertised!!!

Yeah and those businesses need to hire young/attractive sociable people to get business. They're free to do that in a capitalistic system too.

"A job for everybody that wants one" is an absolute myth. The government has never wanted full employment, it's an economic nightmare.

Then you get the roots of who and what these people are. Low intelligence, poorly educated people failed by a system that has offloaded all our manufacturing to China. Not having the social skills (or good looks) for service industries just leaves stuff like cleaning or basic laboring and there will simply never be enough of those jobs to go around except the ones that pay criminally low so close to dole that there is simply little point to busting your back (risking a workplace injury) to get $50 more a week in the bank.

Don't even get me started on the lack of drug and alcohol counselling and the stigma of drug use by people receiving benefits. "ruddy junkies shooting up their dole check, ruddy scum". Yeah how about maybe stop making it so profitable for the gangs to push the drugs on these vulnerable people with draconian criminalisation.

Continuing to vilify the most disadvantaged people in the country because of their lot in life which they're struggling with doesn't help anybody.

Capitalism has taken dignity away from many people. It's easy to point the blame at the individual yet they're born into a system that gives them very little and continues to erode what they still have left through media propaganda.
The issues that you highlighted will get worse due to the Computer revolution.

The average person will lose their jobs as well.

Our society really needs to discuss what we can do with the losers (they are not losers) of the system and how to bring meaning into their lives.

Most people who work get pissed off for paying for welfare state but they don't see the whole picture.

The more meaningless people will result in more substance use and more crime. The devil works in idle time.

We need to stop blaming people and assist them in making healthy decisions to better their lifes.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)

Basic labouring jobs are going the way of the dodo thanks to automisation, and even in the 1990's paid so little that you still needed Centrelink to survive (just ask my father).

RE cleaning, that area's increasingly staffed by foreigners. I met more than one Brazilian who was working as a cleaner, for example. Not to mention the cleaner that cleaned my old workplace was herself an Indian.

Put simply, the people you speak of are mostly surplus in our brave new economy. Much better to give them a payment just above the poverty line so they can survive rather than prop up the WFTD/Jobactive farce in a bid to force them into phantom employment. That they would be paying more sales tax would partially pay for the higher payment, as would abolishing WFTD, if not Jobactive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back