Politics Centrelink

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Very common sense and accurate post.

A vast majority of the posters on this political thread and forum are on welfare payments themselves including the one your talking to and don’t work or are uneducated ( or took some piece of s**t arts degree that ended up worthless)

I have known of plenty of people over the years that put up advertisements for senior engineering positions and receive 100+ applicants from dole bludgers.

The reason they do this is because they don’t want to work and are making unrealistic applications to satisfy the Centre link criteria of job hunting, with no real intention of ever working.

Why should everyday Australian who are hard working have to open their wallets to hand over money to these losers??

Put hardworking Australians first for a change

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Yeah go after the biggest corporations make it unpleasant for them to exist in Australia.......you know those corporations that give people jobs, interfering with their real calling...making coffee and mowing lawns.
I guess there is some logic in this. I mean lets not go after drug dealers and criminals because they employ people also

Fairly silly argument to be fair. You go after the corporate criminals and that should leave the competition to be more open and fairer for many more businesses to survive in therefore creating more employment

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I guess there is some logic in this. I mean lets not go after drug dealers and criminals because they employ people also

Fairly silly argument to be fair. You go after the corporate criminals and that should leave the competition to be more open and fairer for many more businesses to survive in therefore creating more employment
By that logic, we should be going easy on the banks right now.

If they aren't criminals. And we shouldn't be in such a rush to make them less profitable if they can be more profitable elsewhere.

By that logic, we should be going easy on the banks right now.

Not if they are breaking the law.
It should be like umpiring. Were they holding the ball or were they not. None of this go easy, go hard crap.

NEATO Employment Services Pty Ltd pleaded guilty to an amended complaint filed by the Queensland Office of Industrial Relations (QOIR) that it failed to comply with a health and safety duty (category three).

No conviction was recorded against NEATO, and the company has been given two months to pay the fine and court costs.

Small business minister Michaelia Cash, the minister in charge of the Work for the Dole program at the time of the teenager's death, promised to conduct an investigation and publish a report within a month of the incident.

Two and a half years on and nothing has been released.

She's all class that one....

So now we know what a life is worth....

A Company Has Been Fined $90,000 After A Teenager Died On Its Work For The Dole Site

What are you suggesting here?
It appears that a person died after riding on the back of a tray he shouldn't have been on, and that his training record showed that he knew this.
The company was still found to be less than ideal in its workplace safety and was fined.

What are you calling for .... an eye for an eye?
Crucifiction?

Why would anyone suggest that the $90 000 was a value of human life and more than any other such fine that is routinely found against organizations?

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It appears that a person died after riding on the back of a tray he shouldn't have been on, and that his training record showed that he knew this.
The company was still found to be less than ideal in its workplace safety and was fined.

Crucifiction?

Why would anyone suggest that the $90 000 was a value of human life and more than any other such fine that is routinely found against organizations?
The thing is that this poster has a history of being a highly partisan pro left/ALP fanboi. Thus it is not surprising that they would hold such an extreme view on this outcome considering their past behaviours on this board.

Crucifiction?

Jumping at shadows in your over-eagerness to have a ping bigfella

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

Crucifiction?

What did the electrician get for sending the kids into the roof with a stapler and foil insulation and the power turned on?

Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide

Unfortunately it can be systematic and not just one business.

And the end if the day ASIC exist for a reason and should also be held to account when companies are fraudulent.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am all for catching them small chiauwahas.. or them small 'dog' penalties that like to show their rump at the front and then
tell everyone that they have nothing to worry about...

handle everyone with care but give everyone due respect when they do the rumba with a wrong rhumba... being a bit flippant
here but i am serious about those who carry on and think they won't get caught.. hello Tracy Grimshaw... love your work... :D

What did the electrician get for sending the kids into the roof with a stapler and foil insulation and the power turned on?

That still gives me the shits.
Insulation was a good idea, and it was not the government's responsibility to enforce work practices of those installing it. The government agency who's responsibility it was , were visiting factory's with good safety records for the umpteenth time.

but answering your question.
--------------------------
The magistrate has since ordered the company to pay 100 thousand dollars in fines within the next 2 years. The magistrate Paul Cluck said that despite the company efforts to enroll its staff in electrical safety training—they failed in ensuring that their staff did not use metal staples.

Two directors of Titan Insulations had been formally charged with failing to comply with the Electrical Safety Act. However, these charges have been dismissed.

Families of the deceased have stated their approval of the verdict.
------------------------------

Without knowing the details the magistrate was privy to... what's your point?

Back