Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you "engage" with your provider?
Apparently it's all your fault and if you "engage" then "consultants" don't have to behave like DHs.

I engaged with my provider quite positively until it became apparent they weren't the slightest bit interested in me except in ticking boxes until I got a job for myself, when they would obtain a chunk of money from the government. One "consultant" confided in me they had to spend way less than 10 minutes with each "client" else they didn't meet their KPIs. The final straw was turning up for their "job club" (Meeting room? Tea and bickies and discussion after a presentation from someone with a whiteboard? Mutual support?) which consisted of half a dozen computers in a row facing a blank wall, upon which you had to apply for five jobs before being allowed to leave.

I told them the last time I did detention was in high school 40 years ago and walked out before I smashed every piece of s**t PC through the wall.

I engaged with my provider quite positively until it became apparent they weren't the slightest bit interested in me except in ticking boxes until I got a job for myself, when they would obtain a chunk of money from the government. One "consultant" confided in me they had to spend way less than 10 minutes with each "client" else they didn't meet their KPIs. The final straw was turning up for their "job club" (Meeting room? Tea and bickies and discussion after a presentation from someone with a whiteboard? Mutual support?) which consisted of half a dozen computers in a row facing a blank wall, upon which you had to apply for five jobs before being allowed to leave.

I told them the last time I did detention was in high school 40 years ago and walked out before I smashed every piece of sh*t PC through the wall.

I have heard so many stories of people choosing to live on the streets rather than have to deal with "job consultants" and Centerlink.
It's ridiculous in our country in 2020.

Someone like me? oh your a such a keyboard hero.

9 years, 4 providers... you've been a hero to jobseekers who don't have a job, like you.
How awesome are you compared to someone who doesn't have a job.

Why is my 'a such' a keyboard hero?
What is my 'a such'?

Ive worked for four providers. Two good, two absolutely garbage... Best bet go for the non for profit providers. They are more interested in assisting people and less in the budget. One American owned company is an avoid at all cost.
It takes a MAXimum effort to be as bad as that certain mob you mentioned.

9 years, 4 providers... you've been a hero to jobseekers who don't have a job, like you.
How awesome are you compared to someone who doesn't have a job.

Why is my 'a such' a keyboard hero?
What is my 'a such'?

I have a job idiot...
And actually I have been a hero to many a job seeker but hey we cant all be good at our job.

Look at these two ******* smug campaigners. Waaah waah poor company can't compete with below-poverty-level benefits. NSW agriculture minister says people sitting at home "earning very good money" so why would they work. "Either JobKeeper and JobSeeker needs to be tweaked, so we remove that financial disincentive, or we bring in some plane loads of extra people from overseas, or we do a bit of both."

How about paying a reasonable wage first for those jobs you pieces of s**t. God I'm annoyed.

Look at these two ******* smug campaigners. Waaah waah poor company can't compete with below-poverty-level benefits. People sitting at home "earning very good money" so why would they work. "Either JobKeeper and JobSeeker needs to be tweaked, so we remove that financial disincentive, or we bring in some plane loads of extra people from overseas, or we do a bit of both."

Or pay a decent wage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at these two ******* smug campaigners. Waaah waah poor company can't compete with below-poverty-level benefits. NSW agriculture minister says people sitting at home "earning very good money" so why would they work. "Either JobKeeper and JobSeeker needs to be tweaked, so we remove that financial disincentive, or we bring in some plane loads of extra people from overseas, or we do a bit of both."

How about paying a reasonable wage first for those jobs you pieces of sh*t. God I'm annoyed.

BUT MUH CAPITALISM !!!!

How about paying a reasonable wage first for those jobs you pieces of sh*t. God I'm annoyed.

The thing about abattoir work is that it pays a fairly low wage, it's both physically and psychologically stressful, and many of the abattoirs are in regional areas to boot.

Colour me surprised that Australians, particularly those with families, don't take up those jobs in their droves.

BTW Number37, the bloke you're speaking to thought back in August that lowering the dole would be a great idea (because it would stop those damn bludgers from taking it, or something - and then conveniently and no doubt coincidentally reduce his workload in the first place), so I'd treat him with all the seriousness that you'd treat someone like, say, Tony Abbott.

The thing about abattoir work is that it pays a fairly low wage, it's both physically and psychologically stressful, and many of the abattoirs are in regional areas to boot. Colour me surprised that Australians, particularly those with families, don't take up those jobs in their droves.

You forgot the bit about how a single covid19 case spreads like wifi through those places.

BTW Number37, the bloke you're speaking to thought back in August that lowering the dole would be a great idea (because it would stop those damn bludgers from taking it, or something - and then conveniently and no doubt coincidentally reduce his workload in the first place), so I'd treat him with all the seriousness that you'd treat someone like, say, Tony Abbott.

Just another "job consultant" who likes belittling vulnerable people at the same time as whinging about having to do their job.

Just another "job consultant" who likes belittling vulnerable people at the same time as whinging about having to do their job.

Yep, nothing better than cutting people off therefore creating more work when the non compliant job seeker comes in sometimes pissed off at their consultant for them not doing what they have agreed to in the first place.

Logical.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

SR on Tuesday: "We want you to come in 4:30 Thursday for an appointment."
Me: "Sorry, I've got a temp casual job driving a truck while the owner is off sick, I start at 5:30 in the morning and finish between 6 and 7pm. I work half a day on Friday, I've got all Friday afternoon free."
SR: "Well we can only see you Thursday."
Me: "Well I'm sorry, but I will be on the road. Can we make it Friday, or Friday next week?"
SR: "I'll get back to you."

SR txt Thurs 4:30: Pls call us ASAP as you missed an appt and your Centrelink payment has been suspended under the law.
Me: *ing arsebastards piece of s**t (look for safe place to pull over)
Me at 4:37: call SR *ing arsebastards piece of s**t
SR machine: Hi, you've called SR, our hours are 9:30 to 5:00, please call back during office hours

Yep, nothing better than cutting people off therefore creating more work when the non compliant job seeker comes in sometimes pissed off at their consultant for them not doing what they have agreed to in the first place.

Logical.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Consultant. LOL

Used car salesmen tell fewer lies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back