CEO Gil McLachlan to resign over corruption scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Kony Abbott

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At some time in the very near future the AFL's CEO will be resigning as a result of a corruption scandal which has been uncovered, nothing in the media as yet but watch this space.

I don't have specifics but it involved dodgy deals with certain clubs (or more specifically high ranking board members at clubs) that benefited Gil personally.
It sounds like these deals were done to win favour with high ranking board members who have influential positions in private organisations for his own personal gain.

We can probably expect to see him to apologise and walk into a $500k 'consultancy' position at some form of corporation as per every other CEO/politician to do something corrupt/illegal.

Edit: Mods - please move to scandals board if necessary.

Haha wouldn't surprise me. But yeah until somethings actually reported or substantiated cant really treat this as any more than a baseless rumour right now.

Haha wouldn't surprise me. But yeah until somethings actually reported or substantiated cant really treat this as any more than a baseless rumour right now.

Yeah you're right, this came from a long-term employee of an AFL club. They said the announcement was imminent, all the clubs now know about it and there is recorded evidence of it happening.

This is juicy as heck !! would love more info but it does not surprise me .
Be interested to know if anything regarding Geelong and Spotless transpired during the time Gil was doing the fixturing as 2IC .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After leaving university, McLachlan worked as a management consultant with Accenture.[1] In 2000, he was employed as a strategy consultant to the AFL by CEO Wayne Jackson.[1] In 2003, he was appointed as General Manager of Commercial Operations and in 2008 was appointed Chief Operating Officer.[6] In December 2012, he was appointed Deputy CEO.[7]

References attributed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillon_McLachlan#Business_career

Tried to knock off Spotless on a sizeable tender at the G during Evans era, wasted a bloody lot of time & money, but all Gil is guilty of is marrying Brian Blythes daughter as we stand.

I’ve said it several times. It’s not a national league it’s a sports entertainment business to make money for a few mates.

It has more in common with the WWE than a sporting competition.
and the Swans would be called COLA the Giant

andre1a.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back