News CEO Mark Anderson Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
CEO Mark Anderson has surprisingly resigned this afternoon.
Graham Wright interim until replacement is appointed.

I liked he was very much a behind the scenes operator. My impression of him is that he was quite good, although the only piece of work i could point at is his letter to the members after that trade period. On the whole liked him more than gary "sieve" pert, but don't know that's a huge endorsement. Hope whoever we get next is good.

Nice guy from all accounts but never left any sort of impression on me one way or the other , so can't say I am too fussed. I think we can probably do better (no pun intended)
This right here is why he made such a fantastic CEO! It’s your football staff you want front of mind and this guy is going to be tough to replace.

This could just be your typical career-progression move, most senior executives work off a 5 year plan or similar that follows a pretty standard set of phases which roughly align with the following:

Review
Plan / Restructure (expand or contract)
Implement
Consolidate (BAU)
Reflect

Once they get to the final phase in the cycle their thoughts are already turning to the next role.

I'd guess this would especially be the case at a high profile sporting club, but it's a fairly common thing in corporate circles.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he a strong supporter of the previous board? As in he wasn’t behind Browne and co?

Might be a reason he is gone.

I don’t know much about this Campbell guy, but as a matter of principle we should avoid anything tarnished by Essendon.

I mean, what have they got right over the last 20 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back