Delisted Former CEO Xavier Campbell - Resigned - 24/8

Spewing we didn't go after Trigg. Combined with our hopeful drafting of Saad it would get the HTB into a lather.

Get Toby Greene as well, really become the campaigner brigade that's hated by everyone else.

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Ian robson and David Evans had stars in their eyes, absolutely blinded by hird the footballer. They weren't the first and they will not be the last. My point is that it became a huge boys club full of yes men. Ian robson is/was a brilliant administrator but not brilliant enough, our loss was Melb victorys gain. His problem was not having the balls to stand up to hird, turned a blind eye.
If the club is innocent of doping then everyone did their jobs perfectly well. It would be stupid not to agree with Hird on most things i imagine. The only issue i can see at this point is whether there should have been tighter protocols regarding what players were given and when. I'm not sure that was even the case, but if it were then someone in the administration stuffed up which ultimately fed up the chain to the CEO. Certainly not Hirds business to manage the fine tuning of protocols regarding the supplement program! Did that happen because they were all yes men? Or did it happen because of a failure of administration amongst those involved, ie, Dank and the Weapon. Your anger here is misdirected.

Hird rubber stamped thompsons arrival. What he wanted he got.

That's an interesting recollection. I thought Bomber was pretty much on board before Hird, and was integral part of the package to sell Hird on leaving his business career.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
If the club is innocent of doping then everyone did their jobs perfectly well. It would be stupid not to agree with Hird on most things i imagine. The only issue i can see at this point is whether there should have been tighter protocols regarding what players were given and when. I'm not sure that was even the case, but if it were then someone in the administration stuffed up which ultimately fed up the chain to the CEO. Certainly not Hirds business to manage the fine tuning of protocols regarding the supplement program! Did that happen because they were all yes men? Or did it happen because of a failure of administration amongst those involved, ie, Dank and the Weapon. Your anger here is misdirected.
Not anger, bewilderment

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
That's an interesting recollection. I thought Bomber was pretty much on board before Hird, and was integral part of the package to sell Hird on leaving his business career.
Hird was September 2010, Thompson was November 2010 after much cajoling. Shane Chartes was.......

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team

No way. Hird was on board a long time before it was public. There was going to be an experienced coach with him to make up for the fact he had no experience regards coaching. Thompson didn't make up his mind to later on.

Hird was September 2010, Thompson was November 2010 after much cajoling. Shane Chartes was.......

Yeah, that's the date that Bomber made his decision...

It was known Bomber would be there before Hird was confirmed, he just had a pesky little contract to deal with, hence the wait.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
How depressing that we don't have a Caddy/Garlett fest this year. Toby - come on down!

I actually wouldn't mind if we chased Garlett from Carlton. Pretty sure he would be very cheap. I also think in a side that isn't as crap as Carlton he'd go alright as a finisher. High half forward and running straight at goal. Selection rides on tackle numbers too!

I actually wouldn't mind if we chased Garlett from Carlton. Pretty sure he would be very cheap. I also think in a side that isn't as crap as Carlton he'd go alright as a finisher. High half forward and running straight at goal. Selection rides on tackle numbers too!
1276708167348_zps61e34795.gif

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Back