Delisted Former CEO Xavier Campbell - Resigned - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

His contribution in steering Essendon out of its challenges with ASADA, and later WADA, was arguably a greater achievement than any premiership. Other clubs may have imploded; mine included. Your club bonded with supporters and has become stronger.
this your first time here?

The interaction between Kain Liddell and SOS was interesting. Did Liddell remove SOS because his position was untenable or did he remove SOS because SOS called him out? The suggestion that SOS would sabotage the list was disgraceful!

X is being looked at due to the perceived lack of process with the Worsfold extension and then the Rutten/ Worsfold handover. I suspect there was coterie pressure and that if we had won a few more games I don't think people would be questioning things at all.
if true, I consider the accusation, that SOS would sabotage the draft, as disrespectful to SOS, CFC, and Blues supporters. .

No, it’s not. But, I’m guessing that’s a prompt for me to cut short this visit; and rightly so. Bye :)
nah - i just meant the bond between club and supporters is pretty poor right now.

His contribution in steering Essendon out of its challenges with ASADA, and later WADA, was arguably a greater achievement than any premiership. Other clubs may have imploded; mine included. Your club bonded with supporters and has become stronger.
I feel it's the same as people who say Worsfold did such a great job, because of where the club was at. I don't think the same way, the club has a massive supporter base built from the success mid 80s-2000. The Stand by Hird and Back our boys, Long Walks etc all show that it's a supporter base keen on mobilising behind the club. You could've put anyone in charge and said the same because the only way was forward.

Looking at how the club has come out of that and you might say that support has now been fatigued. Sponsorships seem to be still there, but much more transient than ever. The club inflated memberships by handing out free ones, I presume on the gamble of being able to hold them which was lost. I'd be surprised if we can trumpet our off field achievements next season. The unnecessary extension to Worsfold's contract. Rallying to the fans and then pandering to the players 5 minutes later. The list isn't being populated by great achievement.

I feel it's the same as people who say Worsfold did such a great job, because of where the club was at. I don't think the same way, the club has a massive supporter base built from the success mid 80s-2000. The Stand by Hird and Back our boys, Long Walks etc all show that it's a supporter base keen on mobilising behind the club. You could've put anyone in charge and said the same because the only way was forward.

Looking at how the club has come out of that and you might say that support has now been fatigued. Sponsorships seem to be still there, but much more transient than ever. The club inflated memberships by handing out free ones, I presume on the gamble of being able to hold them which was lost. I'd be surprised if we can trumpet our off field achievements next season. The unnecessary extension to Worsfold's contract. Rallying to the fans and then pandering to the players 5 minutes later. The list isn't being populated by great achievement.
Many will disagree, particularly on my club’s board. But having followed your clubs plight rather closely, and being familiar with the legal processes under which those determinations were made, EFC might count itself extremely unlucky. if all prosecutions and settlement of disputes were open to a second dibs system, as was the case with your clubs matter, we’d be living in a tense and cruel society rarely comforted by the concept of finality.

Your club may not be the only one giving out dirt cheap memberships; seemingly to keep membership numbers up. I learned this week from someone close to me that after calling CFC to cancel membership renewal for 2021 he was offered an 80% reduction to keep it. It seems that pure membership numbers might be the new AFL currency.

So apparently Campbell sent an email to the players saying they’ll have a 9% pay cut, without speaking to the players beforehand.

Senior players got the AFLPA involved.

Pure incompetence. Better ways to manage the cap surely.

So apparently Campbell sent an email to the players saying they’ll have a 9% pay cut, without speaking to the players beforehand.

That is an amazing show of arrogance. Don't worry about connecting with the players, Xav. They're all too thick to understand the situation anyway.

haha what the *

Isn't Campbell supposed to be the communications expert?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable. Also, how has this made it to the Age so quickly?
"Senior players are not happy"

"Senior players immediately contacted their player managers and the AFLPA"

"The AFLPA contacted the club on Saturday"

"The email, written by Campbell and seen by The Age"

"Campbell told The Age..."

If the email was sent by Campbell to the senior players then either Campbell leaked it to Michael Gleeson, or one of the senior players did. Or alternatively, some other party that was CC'd or forwarded the email passed it on. Whoever it was also passed on some sort of comment that the players weren't happy.

Not the first time an unnamed 'senior player' has spoken to journos lately, I think?

It’s an absolute embarrassment. What were they thinking

Bloody pathetic. A bigger pay cut to administrators responsible. Pertinent part of that article, re recent review of the place in regards player dissatisfaction and the way a club (Eagles) informed their players respectfully.

DF291C6E-7B45-4B9F-AC4A-B0425F80C351.jpeg

Bloody pathetic. A bigger pay cut to administrators responsible. Pertinent part of that article, re recent review of the place in regards player dissatisfaction and the way a club (Eagles) informed their players respectfully.

View attachment 1020372
I can understand not wanting to demand the players show for a meeting during the off-season, I don't think clubs are allowed to contact them too much during their breaks and they're not due back until January.

Obviously shouldn't have slashed their wages without talking to them first though.

I can understand not wanting to demand the players show for a meeting during the off-season, I don't think clubs are allowed to contact them too much during their breaks and they're not due back until January.

Obviously shouldn't have slashed their wages without talking to them first though.

I thought the 1-4 year players were due back this week?

EFC has well and truly lost the plot. Whether it’s the XC email, whether it was directed by Brasher or whether a player couldn’t approach XC to discuss without contacting The Age or their managers. No angle is good.

I get what you're saying but i think if I was a player I'd rather be given the chance to discuss the issue rather than get an email telling me I'd just been docked nearly ten percent of my salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back