CEO???

Remove this Banner Ad

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was a rumour yesterday put up by Brad Hardie that Simon Garlick may be in line for the Head of Football job at the AFL and we may need to search for a new CEO.

What do people think of this. Things seem to be going so well at Freo I would be sad to see him leave.

If not Garlick, who else? Bell get a promotion?

There was a rumour yesterday put up by Brad Hardie that Simon Garlick may be in line for the Head of Football job at the AFL and we may need to search for a new CEO.

What do people think of this. Things seem to be going so well at Freo I would be sad to see him leave.

If not Garlick, who else? Bell get a promotion?
Garlick had an interview with either paps or Duffield re: AFL ceo, and it sounded like he remains committed to free, said he’d fallen in love with the club and wanted to help take it places.

Garlick had an interview with either paps or Duffield re: AFL ceo, and it sounded like he remains committed to free, said he’d fallen in love with the club and wanted to help take it places.

I don't know what the Freo CEO job pays (I assume a very big salary) but those top jobs at the AFL are $1m+ per year. That would be hard to turn down

Had the same sort of interview with Ben Cameron and Kim Hughes on the ABC last week.

If Garlick is shortlisted and interviewed he will go for the job, and not knock it back if offered. Until that process is decided he will say he is perfectly happy at Freo. For Fremantle, it will be a feather in the club's cap if he gets it and we move on.

Last edited:
Brad Hardie

/thread. Has basically reached the stage of his career where he'll put baseless rumours to air and be completely unaccountable for it.

I don't give the AFL much credit for competence and organisation, but even they wouldn't up-end an individual club's admin this close to the start of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

/thread. Has basically reached the stage of his career where he'll put baseless rumours to air and be completely unaccountable for it.

I don't give the AFL much credit for competence and organisation, but even they wouldn't up-end an individual club's admin this close to the start of the season.
Brendan Gale is one of the frontrunners for the AFL CEO job and he is the Richmond CEO.

If the AFL recruitment process spits out Garlick, then he will be offered the job regardless of any club commitment

If Garlick got the gig. It would be ex-Freo CEO as head of football. And ex-Freo board member as AFL Chairman (Goyder).

No-one could claim our position wasn't considered at AFL House

Remove this Banner Ad

Back