Cereal Box Readers

Remove this Banner Ad

Were any of you guys cereal box readers as kids?

It strikes me now that as a kid I was not quite comfortable unless my eyes were resting on some sort of text - even while I was pouring milk on my Weet-Bix.

Were any of you guys cereal box readers as kids?

It strikes me now that as a kid I was not quite comfortable unless my eyes were resting on some sort of text - even while I was pouring milk on my Weet-Bix.
Yep! :thumbsu:
Cereal box-reading nerd here, too.
HA! Me too. And jam jar labels etc . :) And Chief, that is right. Feeling not quite comfortable unless my eyes were reading some sort of text.

We only ever had the cereal my Dad liked, in Summer it was either Rice Bubbles, Corn Flakes or Wheaties, in Winter it was Uncle Toby's Oats, but they weren't very interesting to read. We did eventually branch out to Wheat Bix, but again not interesting. Although, Wheaties, Wheat Bix + Corn Flakes used to have toys in them. I think the cereal highlight was when we went on holidays + stayed at Flag Motels - there were those little boxes of cereal + that was exciting! We were then introduced to Coco Pops, Frosties, Fruit Loops + that was great. When I was older + did the shopping with Mum we would buy Coco Pops, Frosties, Fruit Loops + they were terrific boxes to read + their toys were much better too.

In high school we were taken on a school excursion to the Kellogg's Factory + two things struck me -
  1. They sprayed on the vitamins + minerals;
  2. They sprayed the packets for insects;
:eek:

I've not eaten mass produced cereal since!

We also went to the Margarine factory + saw how they use petrol to make the margarine yellow :eek: I don't eat margarine either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back