Toast Cerra - Rising Star

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
So all the people that were getting titchy that Cerra was 'gone' just because he didn't come out and shoot down contract speculation and were convinced he was off - what now?

Now they fall for the next piece of media-driven hysteria and get played again.

And again...

And again...

Last edited:

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Bump!

Team, I recall seeing somewhere that Cerra had had a growth spurt over the off-season and was now close to 190cm??? Anyone able to verify, possibly create a hilarious meme of him standing next to Ross or, god forbid, work for the club and update the ******* player stats from time to time???

Cheers legends.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bump!

Team, I recall seeing somewhere that Cerra had had a growth spurt over the off-season and was now close to 190cm??? Anyone able to verify, possibly create a hilarious meme of him standing next to Ross or, god forbid, work for the club and update the ******* player stats from time to time???

Cheers legends.
Bailey Banfield has confirmed that he himself has grown 2cm, and is now 190cm. Cerra came in at 186cm, so it’s doubtful he’s grown 4cm... but fingers crossed! Perhaps a case of mistaken identity?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Should move this to the Bennell thread 🤔

It's like clockwork.

Still remember the guy who wanted the entire executive of the club sacked mid-season because he fell for the media's drip campaign about the Lyon incident, where they posted a new story about 'pressure mounting' every day when it was clearly nothing more than them constantly re-quoting themselves. They say jump and people continually get sucked into asking how high.

awaremind

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's like clockwork.

Still remember the guy who wanted the entire executive of the club sacked mid-season because he fell for the media's drip campaign about the Lyon incident, where they posted a new story about 'pressure mounting' every day when it was clearly nothing more than them constantly re-quoting themselves. They say jump and people continually get sucked into asking how high.
So what happened to mark Thompson and his drug trafficking? I thought the Ross bullshit was mainly there to distract from that

So what happened to mark Thompson and his drug trafficking? I thought the Ross bullshit was mainly there to distract from that
...and the young transgender girlfriend from southeast Asia.

For what it's worth, I remember hearing that Cerra was standing eye to eye with the likes of Mundy now, big fella to have such good skills.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
That would be a serious growth spurt. You’re right tho, that skill set with height would be amazeballs.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Not to get too hung up on the height thing......but stood next to Blakely in one of the training pics from Wednesday he even looks slightly taller and from memory Blakely is 188. So, yeah a tall Cerra is a tasty proposition for a silky mid. Just sayin’

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Not to get too hung up on the height thing......but stood next to Blakely in one of the training pics from Wednesday he even looks slightly taller and from memory Blakely is 188. So, yeah a tall Cerra is a tasty proposition for a silky mid. Just sayin’
Be getting close to Fyfe height? (190cm)

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
The things this kid pulled off at AFL level with having such an undeveloped body is amazing. Growing 3+ cm in the year after being drafted off a total of 0 uninterrupted preseasons and 3 months off legs due to dodgy medical advice. Doing so much running and weights this offseason but he's got a long way to go.

People talked up his potential Scott Pendleburyness but if he ends up the 190cm 90kg dark haired absolute silk midfielder as he is turning into...

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

Hard to tell if he isn't slightly closer to the camera in that shot - also his bouffant hairstyle may be helping with the optics. Logically he will have grown some though - and he was formally listed at 186cm last year.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I caught the end of an SEN program where Andy Maher was discussing (I presume with callers) about which player at "your" AFL club will take the next step towards superstardom & one of the 2 names mentioned in closing was Cerra's

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
At training on Wednesday Cerra's ability to effect a disposal in congestion inside D50 to a team mate in space said everything you need to know about him.

Fantastic footy brain and sublime skills. The guy is a(nother) potential gun we have on our list. Massive hopes for him.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
At training on Wednesday Cerra's ability to effect a disposal in congestion inside D50 to a team mate in space said everything you need to know about him.

Fantastic footy brain and sublime skills. The guy is a(nother) potential gun we have on our list. Massive hopes for him.
Did you get a sense of whether he may be playing from defence? Midfield?

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
He has spent time working with the defensive group during drills. I reckon he'll rotate through defense and midfield depending on who else is available and how well his development is going.

Having Cerra, Wilson and Ryan distributing the ball out of D50 has me salivating.

Back