Toast Cerra - Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Cherry boy is quickly becoming one of my favourites from the new crop. So, so clean and just bobs up doing the right thing more often than not. High hopes for this kid. Please lock in Freo.
Yep his handballs in congestion to tbe "right" option (instead of the bloke 2 feet away) time and time again are just so valuable at stoppoges/loose ball situations

Footy nous in spades

Yep his handballs in congestion to tbe "right" option (instead of the bloke 2 feet away) time and time again are just so valuable at stoppoges/loose ball situations

Footy nous in spades
Not trying to start a debate of will he or wont he sign, but never in my life have I wanted a young player to sign an extension with us so badly. It's not just a want, we need Cerra to sign on.

Not trying to start a debate of will he or wont he sign, but never in my life have I wanted a young player to sign an extension with us so badly. It's not just a want, we need Cerra to sign on.

In a way, Weller for Cerra is looking like a decent trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah technically :) I'm looking at it from a more 'like for like' perspective though - a smart mobile player with a decent hoof. Cerra is an upgrade
I don't consider them like for like really. Think they decided to replace Weller through Wilson ... and Cerra and Brayshw are their own players that adressed other points of need.

I don't consider them like for like really. Think they decided to replace Weller through Wilson ... and Cerra and Brayshw are their own players that adressed other points of need.
Yeah I agree, what i'm confused about is that GC are playing Weller off half back?
We played him there out of necessity when he was probably a better forward (4 goals in an AFL game shows you have what it takes) Surely GC should play him in the midfield or the forward-line and not waste him in defense like we had to.

probably a bit OT but just been so confused by this

Last edited:
Except it was weller for Brayshaw.

Still a big win

You're right BUT . . . .

Matthew Lloyd on radio right after the draft said his brother was always going to use Freo first round pick (2 or 5) on Brayshaw (Matthew coaches Brayshaw at high school even told him this at their club B&F) so without the Weller pick from Gold Coast we wouldn't have gotten Cerra.

So technically, yes it was Weller for Cerra.

There were a couple of handballs on the weekend that made me almost spit my rum out.
I see a bit of Mundy in Cerra, the vision in tight and ability to nail the right option by hand is what stands out right now.
I’m almost positive the other parts of his game will improve (like Mundy’s has) as time goes on.
Has a good read of the flight of the ball in the air from a marking perspective and his kicking is as stated pre draft (beautiful)

I havent been this excited about a recruit in years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back