Prediction CEY 2017, make or break, will he make it?

Will CEY make it?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah yeah ...we know Hunter can run, he can also take a one on one grab .....but IMO where he suffers is a lacking in core body strength ....now this he can get away with to some degree at SANFL, but he'll be found out at AFL level

The caveat on this statement would be if Hunter played a Reiwoldt gamestyle of high level running ......but really ATS Lynch has that role mortgaged

Seriously mate, how the fruck would you know? You see as much SANFL as I and I wouldn't venture an opinion. Don't be like Vader , don't comment on s**t that you haven't seen.

Laird & Hartigan have both shown as rookies if you have the desire & talent, then doesn't matter what list you start on.

Greenwood appears to be strong mentally, so if he can continue to improve his ability, he is a good chance of succeeding.

My gut feel says he is a better chance than CEY.

I agree I think he is a chance of making it as a cat B rookie. Even normal rookies have a low success rate. When I say long shot it's fair to say bugger all cat B's make it and very few rookies make it for those that fail.

But definetly happy with the club using the cat B rookie system and if they can find one that becomes a reasonable player it has paid off

I agree I think he is a chance of making it as a cat B rookie. Even normal rookies have a low success rate. When I say long shot it's fair to say bugger all cat B's make it and very few rookies make it for those that fail.

But definetly happy with the club using the cat B rookie system and if they can find one that becomes a reasonable player it has paid off
The difference is that our Cat B rookies at least have a history of playing Australian Rules at a high level in the junior competitions (before choosing another sport when they reached the senior age competition). Most Cat B rookies come from other sports which are unrelated to Australian Rules, and they just can't transfer their existing skills, or learn new skills, to the level required of a successful AFL player. In that sense, our Cat B rookies are "not normal", and have a much greater chance of making it as a result.

Seen quite a bit of Hunter in NEAFL

Is not a natural footballer but an a guy with great athletic traits playing football

WW quote re core strength has some merit too but I don't think that's his main problem . His main issue is football skill set or lack thereof

Generally, I tend to agree with you Vader but this time I think you wrong. I, like you are restricted to the TV to watch games but I always record them, I paid close attention to a few lads last year in the SANFL and CEY and Greenwood were the 2 standouts for mine. One player who might surprise us all is Hunter, he is very mobile for a ruck and given the way the modern type of ruck seems to be heading he maybe the one who replaces Sauce not ROB. ROB to me is another Sauce type which is not a bad thing but the game seems to be heading in a different direction for them. Just my opinion but when Campo finally joins his mate Noble away from the Crows it will be a great day for some players. He, like Sando has his favourites no doubt about it.
ROB > Sauce as natural competitor and physicality

Sauce > ROB skill set

Seen quite a bit of Hunter in NEAFL

Is not a natural footballer but an a guy with great athletic traits playing football

WW quote re core strength has some merit too but I don't think that's his main problem . His main issue is football skill set or lack thereof
Im surprised we didnt rookie Sweet this year, considering we have a rookie spot spare and a lack of ruck depth. Hunter is nowhere near AFL ready so that leaves Sauce on the decline and ROB as his back up.

Im surprised we didnt rookie Sweet this year, considering we have a rookie spot spare and a lack of ruck depth. Hunter is nowhere near AFL ready so that leaves Sauce on the decline and ROB as his back up.
Hunter is a lot closer than "nowhere near"

Sweet would be even further away from AFL ready, though?

Of course he wont play this year or next, but unless we poach an older first 22 ruckman from another team he is worth the punt as a rookie.
Fair enough, the comment just sounded like you wanted Sweet as immediate ruck depth. I was hoping that we'd take a punt on a ruckman, though (mind you, a lot of my preferred ones went before our Shaw pick).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back