CEY: training camp ripped the heart out of Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key point here is making it personal on an ongoing basis. Only choosing to talk negatively of a person and never highlighting their positives.

And what are the positives you're bringing to the table right now?

John, if you have mental health issues and bigfooty is contributing to them issues you should log off and seek treatment, rather than your current approach which appears to be to try to use it to get your way, as if people have to post on the terms that make you and only you happy because of your health. It's odd, it's manipulative, and it certainly will not make people like you more.

Just get help. I think you need it.

And what are the positives you're bringing to the table right now?

John, if you have mental health issues and bigfooty is contributing to them issues you should log off and seek treatment, rather than your current approach which appears to be to try to use it to get your way, as if people have to post on the terms that make you and only you happy because of your health. It's odd, it's manipulative, and it certainly will not make people like you more.

Just get help. I think you need it.

You do understand if a person is suffering from any mental issue's and People like you come up with a what you believe as a minor statement like "Just get Help". Is not helpful and can be harmful.
And John Who is not the only person, You have mention this a few times along with others to several other BF posters.
I can tell you first hand it's not appreciated and depending on the time or how a person is feeling it not welcomed.
As for why some continue to write on a forum like this is wide and varied, My reason is that my Doctor recommends I communicate as much as possible in both written and verbally.

I hope for your sake that the people you keep telling to "get some help" don't react the wrong way. Because no matter what you think or believe it's not helpful.

You spelt bin wrong
Like most vegetables, need to shop around to get mushrooms with flavour. The button tops usually are bland so I avoid

Mushies cooked in butter is usually the way to go.

I don’t think you understand the word narcissism very well. Rage is just rage, it doesn’t imply narcissism. Is all the rage thrown at your own club count as narcissism?

Speaking of which, there is a certain level of hypocrisy going on in this thread for some people showing such concern with the mental state of the players from such a ghastly camp (allegedly). Yet, have no problems making ongoing personal attacks at a fellow member because he’s a “deluded idiot”.
You spelt bin wrong

Push the button frogster, I dare ya

Mushrooms, disgusting things that dogs piss on.

dogs piss on all low lying fruit and veggies. Mushrooms, lettuce, watermelon and strawberries are favourites for dogs. But strawberries are their absolute favourite, they just can’t piss on enough strawberries. Ralph is always asking me to take him to a strawberry farm.

dogs piss on all low lying fruit and veggies. Mushrooms, lettuce, watermelon and strawberries are favourites for dogs. But strawberries are their absolute favourite, they just can’t piss on enough strawberries. Ralph is always asking me to take him to a strawberry farm.
Where’s your local farm, wouldn’t mind checking it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do understand if a person is suffering from any mental issue's and People like you come up with a what you believe as a minor statement like "Just get Help". Is not helpful and can be harmful.
And John Who is not the only person, You have mention this a few times along with others to several other BF posters.
I can tell you first hand it's not appreciated and depending on the time or how a person is feeling it not welcomed.
As for why some continue to write on a forum like this is wide and varied, My reason is that my Doctor recommends I communicate as much as possible in both written and verbally.

I hope for your sake that the people you keep telling to "get some help" don't react the wrong way. Because no matter what you think or believe it's not helpful.

Is there anything at all that I could say right now that you would not claim is harming you though?

People who have mental health issues that are impacting on them absolutely should be encouraged to seek professional help. Bigfooty is absolutely not an alternative, and what is even less of an alternative is an alternative universe version of bigfooty where everyone is compelled into only engaging with the very limited discussion points that you would prefer because of your mental health issues, and where poor behaviour does not result in reactions.

Mental health issues are serious, very serious. No one wants anyone to hurt themselves or anyone else, no one wants people to suffer needlessly. But at the same time they do not absolve people from having any responsibility for their own behaviour, and they certainly do not entitle a person to choose how others react to their behaviour.

If the way that you engage with people online constantly leads to a situation where the almost unanimous view is that you've behaved ridiculously and that impacts on you, then I do think that you should seek help- because the only real solution is to address whatever it is that causes those behaviours, and continuing to do the same thing over and over will not lead to different results.

Is there anything at all that I could say right now that you would not claim is harming you though?

People who have mental health issues that are impacting on them absolutely should be encouraged to seek professional help. Bigfooty is absolutely not an alternative, and what is even less of an alternative is an alternative universe version of bigfooty where everyone is compelled into only engaging with the very limited discussion points that you would prefer because of your mental health issues, and where poor behaviour does not result in reactions.

Mental health issues are serious, very serious. No one wants anyone to hurt themselves or anyone else, no one wants people to suffer needlessly. But at the same time they do not absolve people from having any responsibility for their own behaviour, and they certainly do not entitle a person to choose how others react to their behaviour.

If the way that you engage with people online constantly leads to a situation where the almost unanimous view is that you've behaved ridiculously and that impacts on you, then I do think that you should seek help- because the only real solution is to address whatever it is that causes those behaviours, and continuing to do the same thing over and over will not lead to different results.

Except when you say 'get help', it is not meant in a way that you are genuinely concerned. It is a not so subtle way to insult them.

Except when you say 'get help', it is not meant in a way that you are genuinely concerned. It is a not so subtle way to insult them.

When I want to insult people I tend to take the direct route.

It's certainly not intended as a compliment, but usually it's got some degree of earnestness to it- i.e. that there is behaviour going on that is significantly outside of what one would ordinarily expect, and it would be better that be addressed than having it repeat ad naeseum with the underlying issues going unresolved or escalating. I don't have to particularly like people to think that in earnest.

Yes People who have a mental health issue should be seeing or seeking help. But people like you on this type of forum should not be telling them too. Basically, you do not have the skillset to make those comments, And BF is the wrong place to do that anyway.
Argue, Disagree, Get your point across, but you should refrain from personal attacks, it's even in the rules of BF. and for a good reason, there also federal laws about the subject.
Just for info, you do understand this is the internet and its not private, and anything you write is out there for a long time.

Just for perspective, my biggest problem and the reason I have found it hard dealing with personal insult on social media, is thru out my life I have been afforded the respect my Rank, Skillset, Ability and Size has offered me, So it was very hard to deal with people on social media who I personally believe would not say or talk like some do if we were to meet face to face and For an older person that is very hard to deal with, now add in a person who is diagnosed with PTSD, and TBI, it can leave you with an empty feeling, and thats on a good day.
Yes, I know its petty but its the small things that set you off, and sometimes you have no control.

I will leave you with this, imagine slowly losing your ability to communicate correctly, you see and know the correct words but fail to communicate those words. And someone them insinuates you mentally ill and tells you to get some help. how do you react? How would you feel?
All I ask is next time you suggest a person seek help, that you are doing it for the right reasons,

I am sorry for the long post and apologise to those that find it unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back