Toast CGU extend to 2022 with "biggest commercial deal in the history of the Collingwood Football Club"

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Ed is great with the Off-Field Stuff it's the On-Field that Worries Me
What on-field stuff is Eddie personally responsible for? Don't forget there are 7 other board members, with Pert presumably being the board member most linked to the football department. CFC2010 or Scodog10 would know for sure.

What on-field stuff is Eddie personally responsible for? Don't forget there are 7 other board members, with Pert presumably being the board member most linked to the football department. CFC2010 or Scodog10 would know for sure.

Well the Gubby Appointment and the MM and Bucks Swap

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

From my perspective he chairs the board that re-committed too early on the coach in 2016. The board also established the mandate that we won't pay the FD tax. I'm not here to pot Ed because he's been good in the role I just think the board and the CEO, in particular, could be doing more to improve the football area of the club.

If our core business was to be profitable then big tick (despite the earnings management), but its not. We're about premierships before profit so currently the club isn't doing enough.

FWIW on the Gubby thing. The error the club made was bringing him in under false pretenses. Had we kept him in the AFLW role until Fitzpatrick buggered off we wouldn't have ballsed up last years trade/ FA period and the fiasco would never have taken place, IMO, because the commission had an axe to grind.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well considering there is now a salary cap for football department spending not sure what your point is there; this extra money allows the magpies to continue their off field charity work with much needed support and funding. Isnt that a good thing?
Seriously?? I'm supposed to include our "charity work" in evaluating our performance now? Have you heard of the terms "mission statements" and "mission creep"? Look them up!!!
Did you also know there are lots and lots of charities in the world whose mission statements include nothing about winning premierships for Collingwood? So selfish and narrow minded of them!

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clean out the rehab and physio areas. Too many blunders.

Employ a ruck coach.

Beef up our recruiting team (more eyes on the ground and a move away from the dream team).

Fix up the welfare department. This one may have taken place in the off-season.

I won't bother going into the other area, but suffice to say we need change there too.
Lemme guess... You're not happy with the catering at the Holden Center?

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Lemme guess... You're not happy with the catering at the Holden Center?

I hear the burgers are good value for money! It just startles me that we went to the expense of sending members of the FD half way around the world over the off-season and don't have a full time ruck coach...

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich
And we could call them the Collingwood Warriors!
LOL. I know we have been there before but like the Gold Coast experiment may be this time the time is wright for that to happen.
Greater exposure and in line with the WAFL and netball competitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I was going to say the same thing.If it's the biggest sponsorship in history they shouldn't be too coy about saying how much it's worth.
Were probably getting a percentage of denied claims, so Ed is not able to give us an exact amount but more a projection based on previous history.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Were probably getting a percentage of denied claims, so Ed is not able to give us an exact amount but more a projection based on previous history.
Everything is the biggest ever these days.
Except Cox, who is the biggest player ever in AFL

12kilos

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't know if this has been mentioned but the next logical step for me is a big bash franchise,The AFL I think wouldn't like us dabbling in the world game ala Collingwood warriors from 25 years ago

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Don't know if this has been mentioned but the next logical step for me is a big bash franchise,The AFL I think wouldn't like us dabbling in the world game ala Collingwood warriors from 25 years ago
The AFL is a little pressures aren't they? The A-League needs a 3rd Melbourne club, it might as well be Collingwood.

12kilos

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very pressures they do see the world game as there biggest threat.
So possibly getting a big bash franchise makes more sence

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think this forum needs to debate the merits of the MM & Bucks swap.
Always wondered why there has not been a thread about this?
Always wondered why it's never been discussed?
Maybe it's just a taboo subject, yep, that must be it :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back