Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

During the Carlton v Suns game, BT was absolutely beside himself that Mosquito was selected on World Mosquito Day. Was like the greatest thing ever.

I refuse to listen back to find the exact quote, but that may have been the moment he said in that high pitched, faux excitement voice "BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!"

Did I mention this was DURING a game played by two teams who Mosquito DOES NOT PLAY FOR!

Even Bruce didn't know what to say. He kind of snickered, embarrassed for you.

BT, you utter peanut, just call the freaking game!

It was great when they cut to the boundary riders having icy poles (it's warmer in the NT than the southern states, who knew?) while play was going on.

Obviously not grown up with the game like you guys but even to me, the decline in Bruce's commentary is very noticeable. I particularly hate his questions all the time e.g. "He's a good kick, isn't he?" or "He could be anything, couldn't he?" and all of the comms off-tube are so desperate to nail it for a highlights grab on future broadcasts they start bigging up a kick for goal only for it to be off line. I'd much rather they commentated on what unfolds before them and let the special comments people do the analysis.

Obviously not grown up with the game like you guys but even to me, the decline in Bruce's commentary is very noticeable. I particularly hate his questions all the time e.g. "He's a good kick, isn't he?" or "He could be anything, couldn't he?" and all of the comms off-tube are so desperate to nail it for a highlights grab on future broadcasts they start bigging up a kick for goal only for it to be off line. I'd much rather they commentated on what unfolds before them and let the special comments people do the analysis.

Surely Bruce listens to himself and wonders if he should stop putting questions at the end of statements. He'd be better to listen to if he did that, wouldn't he?

Wheh I was a kid, my old man used to watch the footy on mute because he couldn’t stand the commentary. Not having any TV sound used to drive me nuts as kid

Now I find I’m doing the same bloody thing and watching on mute !? 🙄hahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Bruce made the comment "That's a hat-trick in more ways than one" and called it his "best work of the night", your best work should be calling the ******* play, not coming up with ******* metaphors and jargon

I’m biased but last night he called the Dogs v Cats ‘even’ when the Dogs were three goals up and was riding the Cats like Makybe Diva even when the Dogs were five goals up ‘they’re comingggggg’ in that stupid, hypo raised voice he does. He’s a pain in the arse these days.

I’m loving Luke Hodge more and more...put BT in his place ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back