Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

BT makes me wanna neck myself. The constant cheering for the opposition to come back in the last 5 minutes is so obvious and screams of the producers telling him to ramp it up. Yesterday was painful.

It's a crying shame, because once Channel 7 were the only ones who were any good at telecasting the footy. It all started going down hill when Channel 9 and 10 got hold of the Broadcast Rights and Channel 9 left it all to Channel 10 whilst 9 only wanted to essentially promote the Footy Show. Nine couldn't even bring themselves to televise the GF.
What are you talking about?

Ch9 and Ch10 in that period was the best coverage the game ever got. 5 games out of 8 on FTA in VIC, as opposed to the 3 out of 9 we now get. The Ch9 production was top notch, the only reason they didn't broadcast finals is because the execs up in Sydney didn't want them to clash with the NRL, so they let Ch10 do it (and pay more for it). Eddie McGuire has said that he didn't even know they'd given up the finals until the contracts were already signed. They're only "* up" to put it lightly.

BT somehow got Parks confused with Cunningham yesterday and then Darcy has the gall to say “great call BT” when he flat out stuffed it up. Just bizarre stuff.
BT brought up Joe Ingles when discussing how tall and agile AFL players are becoming. He managed to get his height wrong then the position he plays wrong. Not to mention he isn't athletic/agile in any sense compared to other athletes...

"They're like NBA players now, Darc. Like our man Joe Ingles. 6 foot 6 maybe 6 foot 8, point guard".

I wish I had the confidence BT has. It's incredible how you can be so wrong (confidently) in front of the country and just push on to your next * up as if nothing happened. Takes big cajones

I really, really wanted to watch the Blues-Dons game yesterday.
Lasted all of 10 minutes before BT became absolutely unbearable.
He's actually gotten worse.

What are you talking about?

Ch9 and Ch10 in that period was the best coverage the game ever got. 5 games out of 8 on FTA in VIC, as opposed to the 3 out of 9 we now get. The Ch9 production was top notch, the only reason they didn't broadcast finals is because the execs up in Sydney didn't want them to clash with the NRL, so they let Ch10 do it (and pay more for it). Eddie McGuire has said that he didn't even know they'd given up the finals until the contracts were already signed. They're only "fu** up" to put it lightly.
Fair enough that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it. But I'm entitled to have an opinion too. :thumbsupv1: It's all good.

Last edited:
I really, really wanted to watch the Blues-Dons game yesterday.
Lasted all of 10 minutes before BT became absolutely unbearable.
He's actually gotten worse.
I'm sure he was planning on joining Jake Stringer in the showers post game........the whole game was all about "the package" according to BT.

I watch any Dermie, BT or Derwayne game on mute with music on but the networks still get ratings doing that, might have to stop watching to get the point across. How our national sport can have such unbearable coverage im not sure, its diabolical overall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watch any Dermie, BT or Derwayne game on mute with music on but the networks still get ratings doing that, might have to stop watching to get the point across. How our national sport can have such unbearable coverage im not sure, its diabolical overall
Do you have a ratings box?

His call on Bolton's Speccy was atrocious. Probably gonna be mark of the year, yet called it like he just marked it off half back. Then the post-game coverage is laughable. I've seen country leagues YouTube channels give better analysis of games. It's hard to believe why the AFL are not shaking their heads at this and letting this happen.

Taylor is getting worse. I'm losing count of the number of times:

1) he brays like a donkey that "he's got the distance" as a player takes a shot on goal only for it to be punched through by the defenders. Call it after the ball has passed the goal line, you dimwit.

2) the same situation but "it's on target" only for the ball to drift and go through for a behind. Call it after the ball has passed the goal line, you dimwit.

3) shows a complete lack of understanding of basic concepts of the game (eg what an intercept mark is)

4) pronounces a non-Anglo player's name in a stupid voice cos ethnics are funny

5) bangs on that the ball was out, while the play continues

nah, he was most likely having a crack at the term, because he hates it and reckons it's new age, trendy bulldust. He does it much more on Triple M.
That's even worse than not knowing what it is.

JB having a shocker, mistook Baker for Butler who hasn't played for Richmond since 2019, then says Naughton has a laconic style kicking for goal :$

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what is meant by 'laconic kicking style', so what's the problem? I'm sure the Spartans wouldn't care either way.

Said it before, but how Foxtel don't have a ground audio only option for their broadcast of matches when they used to have it as far back as the 2000s baffles me. A fair segment of footy fans would love it.

Said it before, but how Foxtel don't have a ground audio only option for their broadcast of matches when they used to have it as far back as the 2000s baffles me. A fair segment of footy fans would love it.
Mute any game dermie or dwayne are on. Music in thr background. So much more bearable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back