Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
and less so these days but in previous years BT seemed to take perverse pleasure in belittling Richardson as much as possible. Probably can't really accept that Richardson was a great player in his day and he (BT) was nothing more than a footnote.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Bruce drives me spare the most - a footy trivia machine with no filter. He has to give the resume of every player who touches the ball, how many disposals he averaged in the first six games before he was dropped compared to last week when he helped them to that big win and kicked more than three goals for the first time since round 6 2013, outperforming his dad who was the talismanic full forwrad in the 1950s and a big part of that famous premiership team and kicked 1.8 in a quarter in the second-semi, the second highest points tally at this ground until of course it was broken last year ironically by a totally different player from a different club.

They don't stop their stream of irrelevance even for big moments like set shots. Just shut up, guys.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
One positive for the Ch7 commentary is them hiring Brayshaw for the Saturday night games, he has been a massive upgrade on Basil for the Saturday night coverage but unfortunately it means we now get Basil ruining Friday and Thursday night games instead.

It’s gone beyond a joke how bad Ling has become. He may as well just say “durrrr durrrrrr durrrrrrrr” everytime he is asked a question. It would offer as much as what he currently does.

His self serving rant last night about Fyfe admitting he didn't know some of the first year Freo players names when he was made captain was cringe worthy.

Ling was like "That's just disgraceful, when I was captain of Geelong I never would have not known our first year players names blah blah blah".:rolleyes:

I didn't think Fyfe admitting that was really that bad, I didn't know some of the first year players names at some of the footy clubs I've played for, especially ones that weren't playing in my team and most of those first year players at Freo would have been playing for Freo's WAFL team rather than their AFL team.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that there would have been some first year players at Geelong that Ling didn't know the names of when he was captain but unlike Fyfe he wasn't brave enough to admit it.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
One positive for the Ch7 commentary is them hiring Brayshaw for the Saturday night games, he has been a massive upgrade on Basil for the Saturday night coverage but unfortunately it means we now get Basil ruining Friday and Thursday night games instead.

His self serving rant last night about Fyfe admitting he didn't know some of the first year Freo players names when he was made captain was cringe worthy.

Ling was like "That's just disgraceful, when I was captain of Geelong I never would have not known our first year players names blah blah blah".:rolleyes:

I didn't think Fyfe admitting that was really that bad, I didn't know some of the first year players names at some of the footy clubs I've played for, especially ones that weren't playing in my team and most of those first year players at Freo would have been playing for Freo's WAFL team rather than their AFL team.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that there would have been some first year players at Geelong that Ling didn't know the names of when he was captain but unlike Fyfe he wasn't brave enough to admit it.
Did fyfe really say that,i find it hard to believe.. its is pretty poor if so

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did fyfe really say that,i find it hard to believe.. its is pretty poor if so

Fyfe said when he was younger around 2013 he was so focused on improving individually when he was challenged to name all 8 draft picks a few weeks into pre season, he couldn’t do it.

He then said he at that point realised he can do more to be a leader at the club rather than just improving his own performance through leadership etc. This was 4-5 years ago when he was around 21/22 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Further to that, Ling is an idiot. He blamed Fyfe for the 2013 grand final season but does Ling know Fyfe only just turned 21 when the 2012 draft took place? How can you blame a kid for being so focussed on improving individually when there were plenty of other senior players around like Pav, McPharlin, Sandilands, Mundy, Johnson, etc.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
and less so these days but in previous years BT seemed to take perverse pleasure in belittling Richardson as much as possible. Probably can't really accept that Richardson was a great player in his day and he (BT) was nothing more than a footnote.

BT may be an annoying, polarising commentator, but he was a good player.

Century goalkicker and Coleman winner are pretty good entries on a resume. Plus, not VFL/AFL level, but his VFA coaching career was pretty good.

Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
Today brownless said wright not getting a game for gold coast because something was going on behind the scenes. Fwit didnt know Wright missed months with injury. I thought that was as bad as it gets.

Richo on ch7 has him covered. Deadset footy nuff nuff and captain obvious.

Vic pokiesmon

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Further to that, Ling is an idiot. He blamed Fyfe for the 2013 grand final season but does Ling know Fyfe only just turned 21 when the 2012 draft took place? How can you blame a kid for being so focussed on improving individually when there were plenty of other senior players around like Pav, McPharlin, Sandilands, Mundy, Johnson, etc.

Look I rate Fyfe as a player and person but there’s no excuse for not knowing all those players names weeks into a preseason..Ling was correct

Back