Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jobe Watson is so far out of his depth its a sad joke. He was basically gifted the job by his dad who was at least articulate.

Last night he referred to Essendon players by nick name which non Essendon supporters would have NFI of who he was referring to and he tried to use slogans and completely butchered them. Last night he used standus operandus, wtf??

And when you put him with Luke Hodge who aint much better its just horrid.

Jobe Watson is so far out of his depth its a sad joke. He was basically gifted the job by his dad who was at least articulate.

Last night he referred to Essendon players by nick name which non Essendon supporters would have NFI of who he was referring to and he tried to use slogans and completely butchered them. Last night he used standus operandus, wtf??

And when you put him with Luke Hodge who aint much better its just horrid.

as we say in Latin, he is a "dorkus malorkus." :think:

Interesting that the ch 7 commentary team flew over to Adelaide but looked like they were calling from the studio for the Sydney V Essendon game.
Yeah I noticed that as well. They might be flying over for Friday night games but who knows. Doubt they'll go to Perth next week for Eagles v Pies.

I also doubt they'll be at Metricon tonight either.

Yeah I noticed that as well. They might be flying over for Friday night games but who knows. Doubt they'll go to Perth next week for Eagles v Pies.

I also doubt they'll be at Metricon tonight either.
Metricon maybe if they did adelaide to gc flight before going home.
Hopefully for eagles pies they use adam papalia

Not sure if it's just Jobe voice that annoys me or the dribble out of his mouth,probably equally both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus I was reasonably glowing of their 'A' Team (BT, JB, Hodgey and Jobe) in Round 1 but strewth since then the entire Ch7 commentary has been a dog's breakfast. Jobe has been getting worse and worse with his constant faux pas and general lack of articulation. Nic Nat offered absolutely nothing yesterday. They seriously need a clean-out. Duck is useless, Lingy horrific, Darce unbearable, Hame boring, Jimmy knows his stuff but could cure insomnia. It's a travesty that Tim Lane does Cricket coverage for Ch7 but isn't anywhere near their Football coverage. I hope it's by his personal choice, because if they're honestly picking the other crew over him....christ.

It's amazing to watch a current Seven game vs a Channel 10 game from the past to realise how great the gulf now is between the two. Never imagined I would ever say that.
Couldn't really remember what the 10 commentary was like so I looked this up

Quartermain was actually good, when a forward took a mark he'd actually call the play and give context of what it meant. Now you just get "NaUgHtOnNnNn" :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I realised the commentary this year was going to be s**t when BT mistook Bruce for Bontempelli 2 games in a row even though Bont's had shaved hair all year, absolute amateur hour.

Another prime time Thursday night game and again we have Jobe on special comments. Surely someone noticed his made up words from last week and did something about it. Seriously he has no commentary experience yet gets the no. 1 slot for special comments.

Train the guy first to speak properly and maybe give him another run next year? It’s embarrassing now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back