Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a surprise, but the professionalism of the Olympics commentators has really shown up Channel 7s AFL stable.

Imagine Brayshaw doing the canoeing comms with Richard Fox thank Christ he stayed in the AFL box

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watching Olympics late night and seeing Gaze, Zempilas and Maher together blabbering poorly researched rubbish then having to watch Hamish fawning over Bruce and asking inane questions is just too much for people to bear. Think of the children ..the worst studio coverage of an Olympics ever

Growing up Lou Richards was one of the biggest media figures in the game, play by play, newspaper, World of Sport. Larger than life but there was nowhere near as self absorbed as say BT. His calls were straight down the line with the odd line like “he-man” when Lethal knocked down point post.

His call partner Mike Williamson as well hosted Saturday night Penthouse Club but again straight forward calls about what was going on. Memorable calls and a little more class.

I disagree. I enjoy the valuable insight he adds to the commentary, his research is impeccable. I love hearing about how Billy Nuggs used to play for the Australian under 17 gender neutral handball team before deciding he’d have a crack at footy with a shout out to his folks Joel and Noelene watching at home in Upperphuckall enjoying their traditional Friday night fish and chips with BBQ sauce never tomato sauce.

Brilliant. That last line is so ******* accurate, I’m just going to go ahead and assume that you actually are Hamish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've watched a total of 5 mins of 7's AFL coverage this year. It's truly dead.

I dont mind:
- BT
- Brayshaw
- Darcy
- Abbey Holmes

The rest can GAGF:
- Richo: Barely understands the English language. The sentences he can cobble together are captain obvious type stuff. I still feel sorry for Richmond fans with his 2017 Prelim call "The tigers are in the grand final! Can you believe it? I can't!". What. The. F****.
- Lingy: Racist flog
- Hodge: He might have a good footy brain but oh man his voice is so monotone and worse than nails on a chalkboard
- Daisy: Token female thrown in. Her analysis is okay at best but her voice and delivery really kill the mood.
- Carey: Wife bashing flog whose analysis is also captain obvious
- Hame: King flog.
- Bartel: also similar to Hodgey. Voice not built for commentary
- Matthews: Captain obvious
- Ch7 Graphics/intros/outros: I honestly think they've hired a high school student to do it for them on the cheap

I think I've watched a total of 5 mins of 7's AFL coverage this year. It's truly dead.

I dont mind:
- BT
- Brayshaw
- Darcy
- Abbey Holmes

The rest can GAGF:
- Richo: Barely understands the English language. The sentences he can cobble together are captain obvious type stuff. I still feel sorry for Richmond fans with his 2017 Prelim call "The tigers are in the grand final! Can you believe it? I can't!". What. The. F****.
- Hodge: He might have a good footy brain but oh man his voice is so monotone and worse than nails on a chalkboard
- Daisy: Token female thrown in. Her analysis is okay at best but her voice and delivery really kill the mood.
- Ch7 Graphics/intros/outros: I honestly think they've hired a high school student to do it for them on the cheap

? do tell, please

Growing up Lou Richards was one of the biggest media figures in the game, play by play, newspaper, World of Sport. Larger than life but there was nowhere near as self absorbed as say BT. His calls were straight down the line with the odd line like “he-man” when Lethal knocked down point post.

His call partner Mike Williamson as well hosted Saturday night Penthouse Club but again straight forward calls about what was going on. Memorable calls and a little more class.

I thought Bill Collins and Mary Hardy hosted the Penthouse club?

I dont mind:
- BT
- Brayshaw
- Darcy
- Abbey Holmes

The rest can GAGF:

You are the antithesis of most pundits with your top 4 selections there, going by that I’m surprised you don’t watch more footy on 7, but each to their own I guess. …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In last night's game I felt that Leppitsch actually elevated the other commentators to become more analytical and focus on tactics, even though most of it involved them repeating what Leppitsch had been saying. He embarrasses many of the other commentators, as his focus is on the state of the game and important things that are happening within it, rather than personalities, private lives, sucking up to 'stars', etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back