Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
In last night's game I felt that Leppitsch actually elevated the other commentators to become more analytical and focus on tactics, even though most of it involved them repeating what Leppitsch had been saying. He embarrasses many of the other commentators, as his focus is on the state of the game and important things that are happening within it, rather than personalities, private lives, sucking up to 'stars', etc.
He's awesome on Crunchtime (SEN). Knows the game inside out. He, Bartel and Daisy are the most knowledgeable on 7, but Lepper has the personality to do it too. Bartel is much better on radio, just more relaxed I think.

Chris Johnson is better on the radio too- seems unsure when to comment on tv.

Darcy needs the flick ASAP. How can someone who has done pay-by-play for close to a decade not have improved even a fraction?!?

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Chris Johnson is better on the radio too- seems unsure when to comment on tv.

Darcy needs the flick ASAP. How can someone who has done pay-by-play for close to a decade not have improved even a fraction?!?
Darcy just doesn’t have the voice for it, that’s where his problem is. Can’t raise the decibels or it sounds like his voice is about to break. So the high moments of games sounds rediculous so that’s what we always remember the most about his commentary.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Darcy just doesn’t have the voice for it, that’s where his problem is. Can’t raise the decibels or it sounds like his voice is about to break. So the high moments of games sounds rediculous so that’s what we always remember the most about his commentary.
He also pauses mid sentence at the wrong time

He also pauses mid sentence at the wrong time
Yep and drops in "he's a star/awwwwwww etc" too much meaning he's rushing to finish sentences and keep up with play.

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Good stuff from Rohan, sums up my feelings about it pretty well.

Clark G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
What is it with the constant ground level close ups when the play is near the boundary line? This was worse than ever during the coverage of last Sunday’s final.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess Channel 7 (and SEN) loses Leppitsch.
Bit of a shame, probably the best thing that has happened to the television broadcast in the last few years.
Doesn't say much, but when he does it actually gives you an deeper understanding of what's going on. Unlike poor Jobe sadly.
You just haven't interpretated his modus operandi well enough to understand

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
If Seven really care about Football, they'll drop Taylor and ask Dennis Cometti to call the Grand Final. Being the first one in Perth, I reckon he would do it.
They might use the bye week to get people over there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully channel 10 and Parramount sports or Stan sports get the next TV right so no more roaming Brian no more Darcy and no more Wounder Wimen-James Brayshaw and on top of that no more Foxtel Football

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
From BT last night:
while trying to describe the view from behind the goals “..a really good advantage point” (I guess he was looking for “vantage point”)
And later “there’s 5 minutes meraining”

Why do they keep wheeling out blokes who can’t string a sentence together?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They're colorful? They want more flair (rather than skill and expertise)?
d9412213f3bf922c2657e1af826b9912.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back