Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not a fan of Hamish at all but he worked well with Bennett last night.
it was a refreshingly good call.
tonight will be unbearable if it’s Taylor and Bradshaw.

It’s not they’re in quarantine.

I find Hamish very hard to enjoy.

Personally Brayshaw and Hudson are my two favourite callers. Both have good light and shade

It’s not they’re in quarantine.

I find Hamish very hard to enjoy.

Personally Brayshaw and Hudson are my two favourite callers. Both have good light and shade
I don’t mind brayshaw but feel he is much better suited to radio.

I'm guessing Darce will be calling tonight alongside either Hamish or Bennett.
So little talent calling footy these days. Darcy is horrendous.

are they trolling the audience by having Darcy commentate as many Dogs games as possible throughout the season?

Same with Richo commentating Richmond games, love or hate Eddie McGuire at least he steers clear of calling Collingwood games on Fox Footy but Channel 7 don't get that some ex-players are heavily biased towards their former teams

Same with Richo commentating Richmond games, love or hate Eddie McGuire at least he steers clear of calling Collingwood games on Fox Footy but Channel 7 don't get that some ex-players are heavily biased towards their former teams

I think they seems to think it adds to the broadcast when you could argue biased commentary doesn't add to a broadcast. Nigel Carmody must wonder why he didn't get the Port vs Dogs game instead of a commentator who is clearly compromised.

I don’t mind brayshaw but feel he is much better suited to radio.

Does he constantly talk about the players’ facial hair and hair styles like on TV? And get the temperature wrong? Genuine question as I steer clear of him in the rare times I listen to games on the radio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hamish has improved out of sight as a commentator.

Used to not be able to stand him, but he’s decent enough these days.

I can’t stand Luke Darcy commentating any game, let alone ours.

Richo is ok.

Jason Bennett is criminally under used.

BT is either tolerable or atrocious, no one between.

Have really enjoyed the addition of Justin Leppitsch in the finals series, he’s excellent.

I honestly think there is a market for amateurs to broadcast a call of games online for a subscription service! I would happily pay and put my TV on mute! Is there any such option currently available? I think it would be fair to say there would be at least 100 amateurs out there who would do a better job than listening to the dribble from Brayshaw about what private school such and such went to repeatedly every god damn week! Or listen to BT only get 'excited' about certain teams or certain players. Listen to the call last week of the GWS v Cats Semi and Bobby Hill probably kicked the best goal for the year and BT's call of it was horrendous.

Hamish as a play-by-play caller is ok~good. No thinking involved, just call what you see.
Hamish as a commentator, however, is putrid. He doesn't have the charm, wit, expertise, nor humour to editorialize. Should just stay in his lane.

I just want the crowd noise. No commentators, just stick a bunch of mics somewhere to pick up the sounds from the ground.

Maybe some commentary to let us know about injuries or anything that’s not obvious, but minimal input.

The first broadcast that offers that will be great, and I’d guess pretty popular.

I just want the crowd noise. No commentators, just stick a bunch of mics somewhere to pick up the sounds from the ground.

Maybe some commentary to let us know about injuries or anything that’s not obvious, but minimal input.

The first broadcast that offers that will be great, and I’d guess pretty popular.
Foxtel used to offer that 10-15 years ago.

Apparently we have BT, JB, Basil, Holmes and Hodge calling the game on Saturday.

Anyone know when the rights are up? We might have to all pool our dollars and take them on.

Their must be some seriously delusional people making decisions about 7s football coverage. Perhaps to top it off we will have Tom Browne doing live crosses from the Melbourne FC WA supporters group at the local RSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back