Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mega Drive, Super Nintendo, Amiga
Seven's $40m Big Brother offer

Bidding for the eighth series of the landmark reality show is believed to have hit more than $40 million yesterday, with Ten desperate to secure the rights to its flagship winter program as Seven flashed the big bucks.

"We're interested in Big Brother. We're into building our programming and enhancing our leadership in primetime," a Seven spokesman said yesterday.

"And we have some terrific plans for re-energising the Big Brother franchise."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22413385-5006002,00.html

Hmmm, no Gretal if BB goes to 7, that could be interesting.

Wonder what time they will put the daily show on? I doubt that they would move H&A for 3 months just so it can be on at 7pm.

This truly is the show that will not die. Seven will most likely get it due to Ten being in a heap right now. Will be funny to see Today Tonight who've run so many damning stories on the show to do an about face and run those little infomericials for the show each week like they do for Dancing With The Stars.

Two days ago there were reports that BB was unlikely to be on again and now we have a bidding war. Why can't this thing just die?!!!

This is good news if 7 succeed - I never watch 7 anyway (in fact, I hardly watch their footy coverage, although tonight's game is live so I'll definitely tune in).

So hopefully it will free up room for a good show on 10. Who am I kidding, they'll go for another reality show :(

10 are making an Australian version of So You Think You Can Dance so that could fill BB's Sunday night slot if 7 do get the show.

CH7 would buy the rights to kill it off I reckon.
Don't think they would pay $40+mil just to kill the show off, especially seeing that 10 might not have renewed the show anyway.

Devastating news for Today Tonight, how can they moralise about Big Brother when it's on their network?

Surely they'd still have the ethics to expose it as the pr0n and filth that's raping our children's minds... oh wait.. "yay we have BB and it's a magnificent education and life growth opportunity for Aussie kids." :eek:

smiley_aaiz.gif
mur.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much did they pay to kill off the AFL again?
Thought somebody would bring that up. ;)

The way 10 have ran BB into the ground they don't need anyone else to help them kill the show off. Going to 7 may give the show extra life because even if it bombs 10 would probably want to bring it back for one last shot the next year.

I can't believe all this fuss over a show that got such mediocre ratings this season. Even Nine have put in a bid and are considered a good chance cause they'll have the 7pm slot open soon. I hate this show and want to see it gone but if it has to stay I'd rather see it at Seven because unlike Ten (and probably Nine) they'll be less likely to shove it down our throats as they have more high rating shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back