Ch7 telecast of Eagles v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by WA

What was yours then?

When the opening credits faded and the ugly mugs of Gerard Healy and Ian Robertson appeared, I thought oh, that's just great. Two guys who couldn't say a good thing about the Eagles at gunpoint

Things went downhill from there

PS Why doesn't this #$%^& board let me post with Opera?

carneagles - why the heck do you use Opera as a browser? I trialled them for about a month a few years ago and it was a scary experience.

Back to the commentators, they were in fine form yet again. Do you guys realise that suddenly 'Haynes' made his debut today against Carlton, although I swear to god that he played about 6 games last year. :rolleyes:

But I do agree about the jumper - we won 2 premierships in them, so why on earth should we change a winning combination?

GoEagles, I started using Opera on a Linux machine and liked it, the latest version is pretty slick

And that jumper is an abortion - there, I said it. Still, it's not for Bartlett to tell me that. Hungry, you're paid to call the game, not spout your irrelevant opinions you old twat

Originally posted by GoEagles

But I do agree about the jumper - we won 2 premierships in them, so why on earth should we change a winning combination?

Why don't you all bombard the club with emails telling them your feelings about the jumper change and saying that you want the winning guernsey back. If enough people do it they just might listen.

I actually dont mind the guernsey. The Yellow and Blue one is actually quite cool but the away jumper with the orange is just woeful.

It was stupid too that we wore the away jumper against carlton, i know we were away but our home guernsey would not have clashed with Carltons.

Nice in sentiment Sandie, but it's 'been there, done that' as far as I'm concerned.... :( I sent heaps of letters and emails to people at the club, and only got the standard 'thankyou for your concern' type of reply.

The people that run that aspect of our club are not interested in the true meaning of a footy club... tradition, pride, history.... they care only for the almighty dollar. Sad, but true.

Anyway, the club effectively started over at the end of the 99 season, and as such are playing like a new club. The youngsters don't see themselves as belonging to the same club as the great players we had in the early 90s, because what small but strong traditions we had have been scrapped.

I'd like to see a return to the old colours and jumpers next season, and rather than the focus being on the running of WCE inc. pty. ltd. etc.... how about they get back to the roots of footy and the running of a footy club?

Oh boy.....

I would like to see us return back to the original guernseys that we wore in the premierships so that youngsters like Kerr and co would feel proud pulling on the Yellow and Blue knowing that ppl like Louie Jako Roo Mainy Bluey Woosha all wore the exact same and took us to victory in 92 and 94.

A bit of tradition and pride!

The club made the changes in 2000, the year after Mick Malthouse left. I think the club wanted a new image and era at the club under Kenneth Judge. What they didn't take into account was that the old jumper had a lot of history and tradition with it - but as always the corporate dollar won over :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back