Toast Chad ****ing Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Moving clubs will probably be the best thing Chad will do. Things were too comfortable for him here. He needs to be pushed to get the best out of himself. Both parties are to blame, the club didn't get the best out of Chad and Chad didn't get the best out of himself.

nice player with party tricks is ridiculously condescending, I'm pretty sure I remember Wingard as pretty prolific overhead and his skills held up in a lot of big clutch moments.

You may be right about not having the mental will to win every week but honestly who in this group over the last 6 years can you say does?
no its not, because that is what he became over the last 3 years he was at the club, sad but true

nice player with party tricks is ridiculously condescending, I'm pretty sure I remember Wingard as pretty prolific overhead and his skills held up in a lot of big clutch moments.
You may be right about not having the mental will to win every week but honestly who in this group over the last 6 years can you say does?
One thing that pissed me off was the 2014 Preliminary Final game against Hawthorn.
Chad marked the ball about 30m out and bloody played on an kicked a point. He should have gone back and kicked a goal. We lost tha game by 3 points Geez
He does have his brain fades.

Trying to talk down Wingard's ability as a Port supporter in 2020 is embarrassing. He'd be the 3rd player picked in our team of the 2010s. If you're having to do mental gymnastics to justify a decision made by the club, maybe consider that the club make lots of bad decisions and that's why we haven't been any good for more than a decade.

Trying to talk down Wingard's ability as a Port supporter in 2020 is embarrassing. He'd be the 3rd player picked in our team of the 2010s. If you're having to do mental gymnastics to justify a decision made by the club, maybe consider that the club make lots of bad decisions and that's why we haven't been any good for more than a decade.

The club threw him into the Too Hard basket cause he wasn’t “one of the lads”

It's weird that I agree with this
But I think long term we still win the trade

The only reason we even have a chance to win the trade is because we got lucky with the Duursma pick. Better than even chance that pick ends up being a spud or average player in which case we totally ballsed up the trade. The actual trade itself was bad, thankfully we got lucky and secured just about the best possible outcome from it.

The only reason we even have a chance to win the trade is because we got lucky with the Duursma pick. Better than even chance that pick ends up being a spud or average player in which case we totally ballsed up the trade. The actual trade itself was bad, thankfully we got lucky and secured just about the best possible outcome from it.

I picture the coaches patting themselves on the back when it was Geoff Parker saving this deal.

Spot on.

There will always be a Janus type that will be a apologist for anything this club does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah the only reason we win the trade is the upgrade from king to Rozee

The trade was about right, we stuffed it by using the 2nd rounder on Sam Mayes

Nah the only reason we win the trade is the upgrade from king to Rozee

The trade was about right, we stuffed it by using the 2nd rounder on Sam Mayes
Only got the upgrade to get rozee because we gave the 2nd rounder for Mayes and the upgrade.

I'm not exactly justifying what we did, but West Coast ended up winning the Judd trade.

West Coast got a talented key forward prospect, which is pretty crucial. If we'd landed a top 5 draft pick 196cm KPF, i'd have been much more accepting of the trade.

I really like Burton and Duursma but they're both going to have to be 200 gamer mainstays who win a couple of AA guernseys between them for us to even get close in this trade, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back