News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn have literally flipped this on us, so instead of focusing on the negotiation to actually get value for Chad, we've been investing all our time and resources into convincing Burton to come to us!

That was Hawthorn's job you ******* muppets!!

Played us without raising a sweat.

But what more do you expect with Cripps running the shop. He's more Victorian than he's ever been Port Adelaide.

Lol I edited my post after realising how harsh it sounded.

It’s okay, I’ll only cry for days and the recover. Not sure if it’s because of Chad or your brutal honesty

I wonder if Ollie had alot to do with Chad's pending departure. I remember when Chad came back from 6 weeks off, and straight back into the Power side, Jane and Maddie Wines were going nuts on twitter about him (without directly mentioning his name). I recall it happened a few times.

Possibly. Always had a feeling those two never got along.

I'll only melt if we don't land Rankine on draft night as he has the freakish ability of Chad. I've loved watching the best of Chad over the years but he's also pissed me off with some of his petulant behavior. The club wouldn't want to lose someone with Chads ability, there's other stuff going on for it to end where we are.

Daily reminder that all Wingard has to do is commit to being more professional in his approach to football and all this goes away.

And again, 15 + Burton for Wingard is a trash deal. It was a trash deal last week, it was a trash deal over the weekend, it was a trash deal yesterday, it's still a trash deal today. Peak stupid from all parties involved.

I still think a trade won't go through and Chad will sign a contract extension

Eve
If infact he does leave, one thing is for certain, the management have all signed their own marching orders in three years of it diesnt net a flag. They are all in now up to their neck.

Interesting times ahead.

No matter how much you need to tow the party line or nurture individuals there has obviously been enough of something for this to happen, truth probably lies in the middle.

One thing is always clear though, any organisation is always bigger than the individual, someone forgot to tell Chad that.
All of them there know they are gone in 3 years. This is finding a blame for 2018 so they dont have to be held accountable in a few weeks at the review and planning.

They are laying down personal escape tracks in Melbourne and at other clubs.

I fear We will be doing all we can to let everyone else get their way

It’s funny about change though. We want it, but then we don’t. I threw my hat into the ring for the board last year to find people didn’t want change enough, I may do it again, but will we want it enough?

I’ve heard of other possible changes to the board based on not being tough enough as a club too. Won’t mention here though.

We want good change.

That’s not a shot at you btw, I even voted!

This is all just change for the sake of change.

Pretty sure most supporters here were hoping for a comprehensive independent review into our football department, leading to a rational, evidence based restructure and changes in key leaderalship positions.

Not trading two of our most talented players in their prime as a hail mary wake up call to the playing group!!

Hawthorn have literally flipped this on us, so instead of focusing on the negotiation to actually get value for Chad, we've been investing all our time and resources into convincing Burton to come to us!

That was Hawthorn's job you ******* muppets!!

We started out this trade period holding all the cards. Wingard (apparently) wanted to stay and we were willing to accept the loss of Polec in return for adequate compensation. We had fringe players like Pittard and Homsch that could potentially be traded out in combination with picks to help us improve our draft position. Since then, we managed to allow North to take Polec for a song, while essentially paying them to take Pittard. We've overpaid for Lycett. We've managed to piss off Chad enough (according to the media) to the point where he's out at almost any cost, and allowed Hawthorn to set the terms of the agreement. I really hope all of this hasn't been just to get a single top 8 draft choice....

Koch & Cripps could host a show together after all this what could we call it?

If burton is happy does that mean we’ve given him 5 years on big coin??

I feel bad for him though as he’s always going to be compared to chad for the rest of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If burton is happy does that mean we’ve given him 5 years on big coin??

I feel bad for him though as he’s always going to be compared to chad for the rest of his career.

He will, unless we land Rankine - then Rankine will be compared to Chad for the rest of his career. Hopefully if we land Rankine, he can exceed expectations

Played us without raising a sweat.

But what more do you expect with Cripps running the shop. He's more Victorian than he's ever been Port Adelaide.
Anyone from interstate sees an SA position as temporary. You just pay down your networks in victoria ready for the inevitable shift back

If you dont think this is real you havent been watching the last 10 years if mist every decision made by people at the club

We started out this trade period holding all the cards. Wingard (apparently) wanted to stay and we were willing to accept the loss of Polec in return for adequate compensation. We had fringe players like Pittard and Homsch that could potentially be traded out in combination with picks to help us improve our draft position. Since then, we managed to allow North to take Polec for a song, while essentially paying them to take Pittard. We've overpaid for Lycett. We've managed to piss off Chad enough (according to the media) to the point where he's out at almost any cost, and allowed Hawthorn to set the terms of the agreement. I really hope all of this hasn't been just to get a single top 8 draft choice....
While the leadership was AWOL

Interesting isnt it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back