Recommitted Chad Wingard [OOC 2023 - stayed]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Worpedo

Rookie
Aug 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Mitchell and O'meara potentially on the move. There is some noise from a couple clubs about having a look at Chad Wingard.

Would be very surprised if Hawthorn would entertain this considering it looks very likely O'meara and Mitchell move out today.

That being said, I don't think Wingard offers much in the way of leadership for a rebuild, if the trade offer was lucrative enough I wouldn't be upset to see him go.

Problem is I don't think we'll get fair value for him.

What are his current contract terms? Length and value?

Like others have said, would fit the dogs HFF well as a Dunkley replacement. Handing over pick 21 for him instead of burning it on Lobb appeals.

What are his current contract terms? Length and value?

Like others have said, would fit the dogs HFF well as a Dunkley replacement. Handing over pick 21 for him instead of burning it on Lobb appeals.
I think that would be a poor move. Good player when he's on but he'll be 30 next season with a long history of soft tissue injuries and questionable work ethic/preparation. He's missed a lot of footy at Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have a dip at The Chad. We need a dynamic forward

Wingard would be a huge upgrade on any of our curent smalls. I'd be interested in Breust too if he's available.

Jack Martin is damaging at his best, but fades out of games way too easily. The remainder of our forwards aren't dangerous - defensive pressure forwards at most.

Geez, Hawthorn are having a fire sale!

Hold Fire Sale GIF

Has there actually been any talk at all from anyone in the media or clubs about Chad?

Seems like a BF rumour.

Wingard would be a huge upgrade on any of our curent smalls. I'd be interested in Breust too if he's available.

Jack Martin is damaging at his best, but fades out of games way too easily. The remainder of our forwards aren't dangerous - defensive pressure forwards at most.

Breust signed a 2 year extension about 2 months ago and has never had any interest in leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back