Universal Love Chad Wingard - thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will love him forever.

First genuinely franchise player we had since Tredrea and Wanganeen in terms of talent, dominance, excitement and that 'the sky's the limit with this one' feeling.

Gray climbed to that level 12 months later and provided we don't push him out the door for not acquiescing to FIGJAM'n'potato's antics, we get to enjoy him for another year or two.

What hurts is that he was sort of the embodiment of a new future for Port when he was drafted. A bit of hope for the supporters, something to look forward to.

Now we're going through a mini-rebuild of sorts after a period of completely shitting the bed. Chad leaving is the complete realisation that 2015-2018 has been a waste of epic proportions and we're nearly back to square one.

To all the Dogs fans and Hawks fans that came here and said "we know how you feel, we lost Stringer/Buddy" No, you don't. Those players won a Premiership with your club, Chad didn't. Now there's a fair chance he gets to do it with his new club.

The sooner the current regime gets burned to the ground the sooner I'll enjoy following this club again.
I guess it make sense with the caveat that as long as we can't win the flag at that time as the main reason we dislike the incumbents is that they aren't winning the flag.

Get over it!

Yeah I know right? It's been, like, nearly 3 hours? Why aren't those whinging Poort Power supporters over it already?

* off dickhead.

Whilst contracted he picked Hawthorn over playing with us......................................that's going to be my lasting memory or chad.

And didnt make an effort to deal with another club who would have offered more

But I would like to know the full story.

Sad to see him go. All the best at your new club.

If I'm being truly honest with myself, Chad's best stuff was pre the sleeves. The last couple of years were good but not what he's capable of. It saddens me so much that we won't get to benefit from his brilliance moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part about this is the erasure of great memories.

The loss of Josh Carr actually made it impossible for me to enjoy watching replays of the 2004 grand final for many years.

Likewise our great (albeit fruitless) revival years of 2013-14 are inexorably linked to the brilliance of Chad Wingard. Now they just become unremittingly depressing.

So even “thanks for the memories” is hollow. * you Port Adelaide.

Genuinely hope he is a match winner against us. Twice.

He will be. It will be like when Jeff Farmer played against Melbourne for the first time. He'll get a free kick and goal after the siren.

The worst part about this is the erasure of great memories.

The loss of Josh Carr actually made it impossible for me to enjoy watching replays of the 2004 grand final for many years.

Likewise our great (albeit fruitless) revival years of 2013-14 are inexorably linked to the brilliance of Chad Wingard. Now they just become unremittingly depressing. **** you Port Adelaide.

Lol yep.

I'd already deleted the "Wingaaard, Wingaaard" Showdown because losing 14 in a row to them was too embarrassing, but now even the Richmond and Freo are finals are tainted (I mean, not least cause we've been dogshit ever since).

But aren't we lucky to have such an auspicious collective of middle-aged guys who know that they're doing.

(Ron Howard: "they didn't")

Could he be traded back one day?

Trent Croad from Hawthorn to Freo and back
Josh Carr from Port to Freo and back
Gary Ablett from Geelong to Gold Coast and back
Dayne Beams from Collingwood to Brisbane and back (maybe)

Not holding my breath, but never say never
When Ken's sacked he can come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back