Universal Love Chad Wingard - thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he be traded back one day?

Trent Croad from Hawthorn to Freo and back
Josh Carr from Port to Freo and back
Gary Ablett from Geelong to Gold Coast and back
Dayne Beams from Collingwood to Brisbane and back (maybe)

Not holding my breath, but never say never

I was already thinking that they'll get Burton back like they did with Croad as soon as the rumour came out lol.

Could he be traded back one day?

Trent Croad from Hawthorn to Freo and back
Josh Carr from Port to Freo and back
Gary Ablett from Geelong to Gold Coast and back
Dayne Beams from Collingwood to Brisbane and back (maybe)

Not holding my breath, but never say never

We'll get him back with Shaun when he turns 42.

Watching the Wingard highlights posted by the AFL website is just outright depressing

Even more so depressing how his body language had changed over the years

The kid just has that irreplaceable wow factor/match winnng talent

You can just tell he is going to be one of those players that takes it to the next level at another club. Couple that with Victorian media attention and it’s going to be very painful watching Wingard turning into a top 10 league player

Thanks for memories Chad, will never forget the showdown heroics or the jaw dropping speccy against the saints

Please try not to tear us a new one next year

I will love him forever.

First genuinely franchise player we had since Tredrea and Wanganeen in terms of talent, dominance, excitement and that 'the sky's the limit with this one' feeling.

Gray climbed to that level 12 months later and provided we don't push him out the door for not acquiescing to FIGJAM'n'potato's antics, we get to enjoy him for another year or two.
I’ll love him until I see him suit up for that campaigner of a football club.

Thank you Chad

The reality is he was never going to reach his potential in our system. After his AA 15, he has played most games the last 3 years and we have utterly failed every year.

Time to make change, for club and player.

All the best, from where I sit you will always be welcome back.

It's a measure of just how lowly our media profile is, that if you read the various comments from the average punter on the AFL Facebook, the general consensus is we've won the trade, with various rationale such as Chad being 'out of form/hardly having a kick for 2 years' to 'not worth pick 15 alone'.

And yet, he'll suit up in Round 1, have an extremely Chaddish 22 disposals and 2 goals, and will be proclaimed the steal of the summer.

Go figure.

I'm genuinely disgusted in this club.

Chad Wingard is the type of raw talent we only have one other example of currently (that'd be Robbie) and loved the club, for it to end up like this speaks volumes.

Maybe his last gift to Port is starting the rot that turns into genuine change here?

Absolutely gutted.

We'll have his every future achievement shoved down our throats by the Victorian media as well as if Alistair Clarkson got him in as a Cat B rookie from nowhere. Imagine the fluffing of Shaun Burgoyne but he'll actually win AA guernseys, B&Fs and go into the HOF instead of coasting along for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the first genuine superstar talent we'd drafted, and all the hope and excitement that comes along with that, since Tredrea. Gray got to that level later in his career.

Imagine trading someone like that away because of cultural issues while keeping all of the architects and decision makers.

And just like that the flame and passion for Port Adelaide and football has gone out.

I don't think i will ever truly forgive Port Adelaide (especially this current administration) for trading out and treating with total disdain one of our truly talented players that made watching football so truly pleasurable.

I can't remember feeling such anger at this mismanaged situation and disgust as they and their fan*head minions leak rumours and innuendo which disparage his character and make him the sole blame for their insane incompetence. FU Port.

Good luck to Chad and many on here only wish it was the muppets that tried to break your football that were moving on rather than you.

While the club matters more than the individual, you can't help but getting attached to certain players like Chad. With all the player movement we've had over the last few years, bringing in free agents like Watts, Motlop and Rockliff it genuinely feels like a completely different team, almost like strangers, and I just don't feel as emotionally invested anymore

If He truly wanted to stay he would have so get that through your ever loving thick heads. He’ll regret ever thinking of leaving the PAFC. Those of you who are waiting for Burgoyne mach2 & all the success that came with then don’t hold your breath. Hawks had a team that you’ll only see once in a life time. I’ve a feeling there’s a lot at the club who are happy to see him gone. Time will tell but gut feel is we’ll be better off long term.

Wow. I was flat when we refused to extend Polec’s contract by a year or 2. Now I’m totally deflated and numb after throwing Wingard in the rubbish.
This had better deliver us some serious results or I could start losing interest. The only thing that keeps me interested in the AFL these days is my footy club.
If you throw away your best 2 ball users we must expect results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back