Universal Love Chad Wingard - thanks for the memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad's talked to Adelaide now about the garbage that was this so called hissy fit he apparently threw. Love hearing that it wasn't true, after we've had to watch some of our worst posters continually build a case against Wingard to justify the clubs move.

It all sounds very clearly that I've been right all along, Chad was pushed out by the club, there was no hissy fit, he was prepared to work on his faults and improve for 2019, but the club pushed him out and he decided at the end that it might be the best move. None of which is really a surprise.

As pissed off as I am at the club for losing Wingard. He did decide to leave. He had all the power (no pun) to stay and play for us in 2019.

I'm so over hearing about chad, he's now a hawthorn player who walked away from our club by choice, bugger off!

Have you considered not reading the Chad Wingard thread?

Sep 12, 2018
SuperCaliFragilisticPorts2GetLukosius
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think him being pushed out was only partially due to his lack of application at training.

The largest factor was that he would not or could not play well as a forward anymore. Look at Robbie Gray: wins three consecutive John Cahill medals playing through the midfield and then gets shunted to the forward line because we need him there and proceeds to make the All Australian squad. When Chad was told he was required up forward thanks to Rockliff and Motlop coming into the midfield he played bad enough that he was nearly dropped before we acquiesced and let him into the midfield rotation again.

Our forward line was absolute rubbish this year, and Wingard who in the past was an elite forward was part of our problem in that regard. So we took a look at our list needs, identified that we do in fact have a billion midfielders and precisely zero proven forwards outside of "The Grays" (sic) and said look Chad you haven't been professional enough on the track, and you are holding the club to ransom for 2019 and onwards, we aren't giving you any leeway anymore so either sign an extension or find a new club.

I accept that it will hurt if Wingard becomes a top 5 midfielder in the competition, but that doesn't seem all that likely. I also accept that unless Mayes or Burton become very good forwards - which honestly could happen, though I'm not expecting it - we have failed to address the issue anyway. We do have the chance to bring in a small forward or two in the draft or through delisted free agents, but I really would have liked to see us bring someone convincing into the club in the trade period.

So while I suspect the lack of commitment and negotiation shenanigans removed any benefit of the doubt that he may have been given, the move to trade him was largely about improving our on field performance by freeing up resources in our midfield to spend on our forward line. We absolutely ****ed up by letting it get to the point it did, and people have a right to be mad about that. Let's just be real though, the views of Kane Cornes and Tredrea are not the views of the club and really shouldn't be taken all that seriously.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Boring gameplan didnt stop Robbie and Hoff pulling their fingers out and carrying the team. Could've stayed but didnt, therefore a sook.

"Thank * for Wingard keeping us in it" words not spoken in 2018.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
I liked that time he choked the nm campaigner...
35974941125_ca4abac8b1_c.jpg

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Boring gameplan didnt stop Robbie and Hoff pulling their fingers out and carrying the team. Could've stayed but didnt, therefore a sook.

"Thank **** for Wingard keeping us in it" words not spoken in 2018.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lol.

No Wingard against Carlton we lose.
No Wingard against Richmond was a certain loss.

They're fact. Wingard not in our side next year will 100% effect our win/loss ratio which will noticeably be worse than year.

Whatever gets you to sleep though.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ports: Let's trade Chad Wingard because he can't play as a forward anymore
Also Ports: /trades Chad Wingard for a half back flanker

But groomed him into a permanent midfielder last year? Let's throw him forward again in the most dysfunctional forward line with the likes of Gold Coast, Freo Brisbane and Carlton and expect results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back