Universal Love Chad Wingard - thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't remember the guy who had two AA's and a B&F by the end of his fourth season?

If somebody had told you at the end of 2015 that in just a few year's time we'd be trading Chad Wingard for a pretty good halfback and a fringe wingman, you'd have thought they were mental.
I remember the Ferrari (continuing the metaphor). But he crashed it himself. I have no issue with the club trading a player who was overweight, didn’t apply himself and still demanded a massive contract.

Port have made plenty of mistakes, but trading wingard wasn’t one of them

I remember the Ferrari (continuing the metaphor). But he crashed it himself. I have no issue with the club trading a player who was overweight, didn’t apply himself and still demanded a massive contract.

Port have made plenty of mistakes, but trading wingard wasn’t one of them
Trading Wingard wasn't one of them. Allowing Wingard to deteriorate to the point where we needed to trade him was.

Wingard isn't blameless but the club isn't blameless. What you've described doesn't happen at good clubs. Dustin Martin looked like going the way that Wingard ended up going at around the same point in his career, now he has a Brownlow and three Norm Smith medals.

Lol we took a ferrari, totally wrote it off, then still managed to trade it for a ******* lambo and Xavier Duursma

Trading Wingard wasn't one of them. Allowing Wingard to deteriorate to the point where we needed to trade him was.

Wingard isn't blameless but the club isn't blameless. What you've described doesn't happen at good clubs. Dustin Martin looked like going the way that Wingard ended up going at around the same point in his career, now he has a Brownlow and three Norm Smith medals.

Is Clarko (the wonder coach) also at fault for not getting the best out of Chad during his time at Hawthorn ?

Lol we took a ferrari, totally wrote it off, then still managed to trade it for a ******* lambo and Xavier Duursma
I like Burton as a player, but that's over the top.

More like we took a Ferrari, totally wrote it off, then still managed to trade it for a BMW and an Alfa Romeo. Nice, but we're only ahead because we crashed the much better car firstly. All things considered we're doing well out of that trade, but I'd take AA years Chad back over Burton and Duursma in a heartbeat. Chad should have been more interested in torturing greyhounds than Fortnite.

Chad was still a very good player for us in the latter years, even if not reaching the heights he had promised to previously. He was traded 1) for off field reasons and 2) as part of a concerted strategy to buy the regime time. The fact that it worked out ok in the end was dumb luck more than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chads comitment to rehab seems to be him just doing enough to get by at Port and the HFC.

Shaune Burgoyne attitude and comitment is what the Hawks were looking for in this trade from Wingard.

Port won the trade, an i feel Burton has another level left in the gears yet if his attitude is right you should see it in 2023 or 2024.

I love Chads happy vibe, but no you dont want him back. Sadly he is crusing and not living up to his potential.
he would need to be coming back with the right attitude.

we can’t afford to knock back anyone with skill. We lack it in spades.

He se
he would need to be coming back with the right attitude.

we can’t afford to knock back anyone with skill. We lack it in spades.

Port kicking Wingard to the curb should of inspired him. Yet i feel he still is just happy to cruise by on talent alone. You do not win premierships that way.

Unless he breaks out of cruise control, i doubt he will be with Sams Hawks in 2024.

Difficult to see how Wingard or any other senior player could be enthused about playing for Hawthorn this year after their offseason. At 29 he's the second oldest player on their list. If they're not short priced spoon favourites, they should be.

If we're lucky enough to end up without Hinkley or Chad Cornes at the club next year, I wouldn't rule out Wingard returning.

Difficult to see how Wingard or any other senior player could be enthused about playing for Hawthorn this year after their offseason. At 29 he's the second oldest player on their list. If they're not short priced spoon favourites, they should be.

If we're lucky enough to end up without Hinkley or Chad Cornes at the club next year, I wouldn't rule out Wingard returning.

Spirit and mateship seems like an all time high after the last five year at the Hawks.

Make no mistake it will be an up and down season, but our youth have talent and are keen to learn.

I feel we will lose a couple later in the season were expected to win due to being young, yet on the flip side i think the young Hawks will win a couple early by the skin of there teeth that there expected to lose based on a couple of talent younsters showing a bit.

Get Cam Mackenzie in your super coach team. An ones to just admire Ward and C.MacDonald. There going to compliment the likes of Newcombe, Worple and Moore in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back