News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're forgetting how simple Hinkley is. He's decided Chad's going. He'll take what we can get this year no matter how mediocre. Am sure he's made it clear he won't have him in the squad next year. King of stubborn don't forget.
Wingard has known since 2015 that he's a dud. Wines probably knows too. Things are not ending well

Which players have said that ?

I'm reading between the lines of what 'it will cost more to keep him' means.

But if it's about money, he can * off for that reason too.

How so? I don't get it. Salary? Thought that wasn't an issue?

I'm reading between the lines of what 'it will cost more to keep him' means.

But if it's about money, he can **** off for that reason too.

I’ll tell you after Wednesday (depending on the outcome :D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason and I suspect its because of the type of player he was, Ken as coach has always favored honest, give-their-all types over players that have genetic advantages such as height or innate skill level. The exception is Robbie who is a once in decade player, but Ken always treats Robbie as different and as possessing a quality that Ken can't coach nor understand.

Our current list is not brimming with talent, the 'they work their guts out' types are being falsely heralded amongst the playing group by the coaches that its almost become dogmatic to be a player like Chad at our club. That philosophy under Hinkley and those sorts of blue-collar players have not gotten us into finals and have failed us in previous years. No more has this failure been realised as seeing Carlton and Freo push us on their day, our stubborness has broken down the playing group to the point where we have disallowed any variety or flexibility in how we play.

Despite this rigid team ethos I still think players of Chad's ilk have their place in helping a team win a flag, which is why trading him would be a monumental mistake. Dusty at Richmond and Akermanis at Brisbane were rough-around-edge types who helped get the job done when it mattered. We can't continue to field a side of mostly scrubber types who wouldn't know how to produce the unexpected flair or goal that can help break a deadlock contest.

The only slight on Chad this year was the game against the Hawks in Tassie where he didn't show up to play. But to his credit he responded after a grilling in the media and in front of the press. Since then he hasn't put a foot wrong in terms of his on-field contribution, which demonstrates that he can respond to criticism and be prepared to compete.

Read some Hawks supporters take on it in the trade draft thread.... fcuk them. Would rather trade him for less to the Dogs. Arrogant w@nkers.

The “but we need a midfielder”

Or “we will get him for free next year” despite him having other options than hawks and being rfa

And

“Burton is worth more than Wingard”

Lol. Showing themselves to be insular Vicbots who don’t know their ass from their feet.

No progress made today, Hawks looking for another club to help act as a circuit breaker over the weekend.

Bulldogs still have interest also (and better chips on the table).

In other news - Wings being pulled from the “we are Port” membership commercial.

Do they have both both firsts and burton on the table in some way or are some picks off limits? Or just trying to trade 15 and 34 up? To a higher pick? Cause I don’t see that being successful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back