News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I was a player at Port I would know that if ever I feel the grass is greener at Club A then all I have to do is mention it and I'll get to Club A with no worries. It will be a smooth transition, I'll know a trade will get done, and then they'll even thank me on the club website too.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah your right mate!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Stuff Wadka Chingard, what a looser!:poo::dollarsign::mad::mad::mad:

He and $haun can enjoy loosing with the Dawks, we've got Ollie and Boaky their so much better then them!:D:D:D

He was always going becoz Tredders told him he was a prick and Davies said so on radio and if you don't believe them than you can get stuffed!!!!:rolleyes::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::cool::cool:

WTF is wrong with you sooks???:'(:'(:'(

Anyway go Power!!!:zap::pear::zap::pear:

EFA.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The material OGC posted acknowledges that a lone wolf is valuable in many respects and that the focus needs to be on managing them in a different way. Obviously if Chad's behaviour was extremely toxic to the rest of the group, that changes the ball game - but there's no evidence of that being the case. I'm inclined to think his non conformity just makes him an easy scapegoat for an underperforming leadership group/coaching staff.

I am trying hard not to feel like we have personnel that perceive themselves as righteous and chest-beating braves with ruthlessness when in fact they may be self-centred reckless reactionaries, too proud to fix their own deficiencies, and have a soft-underbelly. Kind of like the whistling WWI commanders that sent soldiers over the wall because they couldn't imagine adopting better tactics.

The material OGC posted acknowledges that a lone wolf is valuable in many respects and that the focus needs to be on managing them in a different way. Obviously if Chad's behaviour was extremely toxic to the rest of the group, that changes the ball game - but there's no evidence of that being the case. I'm inclined to think his non conformity just makes him an easy scapegoat for an underperforming leadership group/coaching staff.

We did manage Chad in a different way. He just wouldn’t come across no matter what we tried.

When you’ve got a player who is getting special treatment for his personality type and he still won’t dedicate himself the way everyone else is, it will breed resentment.

Chad wasn’t just the lone wolf, but the slacker too. Always passing off responsibility to someone else.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
It's certainly an interesting example of how some people will double-down on whatever narrative brings them the greatest peace of mind, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Chad Wingard was pushed but certain posters here will never accept that because it would mean admitting the club did something wrong/has fundamental flaws it needs to work on.

Wingard bad/Club good is so much easier, both emotionally and intellectually.

You are just as bad of course because you have made your mind up as well. How do you know Wingard was pushed? What evidence do you have of a conspiracy to show Chad the door? It is certain that there was friction between Wingard and the Coaching staff. In support of that let me quote Chad Wingard himself,

'Obviously there were things I need to work on, I think a little bit of attitude I need to work on and come to training with a better mindset.' Chad went on to say,
'I was very comfortable at Port Adelaide and I think that can be a very dangerous place to be'.

Of course what we do not know is the extent to which Chad's attitude was not right. What is 'a little' in one person's eyes might be significant in another person's eyes. It is interesting that Wingard talks about coming to training 'with a better mindset'. Why would he mention that? Does it suggest his attitude on the track was not all it should be? I think his season was good enough but there were clearly issues behind the scenes. I am not Hinkley's greatest fan but he is the Coach and he has the right to expect things to be done his way and clearly in Chad's case that was not happening. Obviously the powers that be had their reasons for not standing in Chad Wingard's way and from where I sit that is all they did, they did not at any stage say Chad Wingard has no place at Alberton.

This isn't a question of right or wrong but of the Port Adelaide Football Club having the right to make decisions it sees as in it's best interests as it has always done. Port Adelaide legends like Geof Motley, Russell Ebert and Peter Woite, to name a few, were placed second to what was seen as the best interests of the Club. There are those who want us to be like the Port of old but at the same time complain when we make some hard decisions and the decision to let Chad go would have been hard.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
D37A824D-5A68-4974-8D97-DA6FD84AA128.jpeg
Which Chad?
8DBDAF9E-7165-49F2-84DB-DC917AB8729A.jpeg

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You are just as bad of course because you have made your mind up as well. How do you know Wingard was pushed? What evidence do you have of a conspiracy to show Chad the door? It is certain that there was friction between Wingard and the Coaching staff. In support of that let me quote Chad Wingard himself,

'Obviously there were things I need to work on, I think a little bit of attitude I need to work on and come to training with a better mindset.' Chad went on to say,
'I was very comfortable at Port Adelaide and I think that can be a very dangerous place to be'.

Of course what we do not know is the extent to which Chad's attitude was not right. What is 'a little' in one person's eyes might be significant in another person's eyes. It is interesting that Wingard talks about coming to training 'with a better mindset'. Why would he mention that? Does it suggest his attitude on the track was not all it should be? I think his season was good enough but there were clearly issues behind the scenes. I am not Hinkley's greatest fan but he is the Coach and he has the right to expect things to be done his way and clearly in Chad's case that was not happening. Obviously the powers that be had their reasons for not standing in Chad Wingard's way and from where I sit that is all they did, they did not at any stage say Chad Wingard has no place at Alberton.

This isn't a question of right or wrong but of the Port Adelaide Football Club having the right to make decisions it sees as in it's best interests as it has always done. Port Adelaide legends like Geof Motley, Russell Ebert and Peter Woite, to name a few, were placed second to what was seen as the best interests of the Club. There are those who want us to be like the Port of old but at the same time complain when we make some hard decisions and the decision to let Chad go would have been hard.

What is hard to take is that gone are two blokes with a football brain and skill from a list that is inept of it. Boy when Port picks a moment to make a hard decision it really picks a moment.

Pedro59

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
northern rivers NSW
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I was a player at Port I would know that if ever I feel the grass is greener at Club A then all I have to do is mention it and I'll get to Club A with no worries. It will be a smooth transition, I'll know a trade will get done, and then they'll even thank me on the club website too.
This part I am in agreement with.
Even if Chad initiated the move we didn’t have to make it easy .
This trade undone the good we did with Nick Stevens

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Just remember 4 words Powell-Pepper when you’re lining up next to Wingard at a centre bounce:

Blood in, blood out.

That view is about as old fashioned and outdated as leaving the FF in the goal square, and we know how you feel about that. Not gonna happen dude.

Old fashioned square ups aren't part of footy culture anymore, especially between brothers.

Sent from mTalk

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just remember 4 words Powell-Pepper when you’re lining up next to Wingard at a centre bounce:

Blood in, blood out.
No one has even squared up to Burgoyne in all the years since he skinned out and he's far more hammer the campaigner worthy than Wingard will ever be.. it's bygone era stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
What is hard to take is that gone are two blokes with a football brain and skill from a list that is inept of it. Boy when Port picks a moment to make a hard decision it really picks a moment.

Yes, we will miss Wingard and Polec. On a positive note the space created will provide the opportunity for someone to step up if they are good enough. Time to stick together and move forward.

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If your relying on boak and rockcliff to carry the midfield you are in for a tough year. Even Ollie and spp need to lift

Exactly chad Average 20 touches over a goal over 3 tackles over 3 clearances over 4 inside 50s and yet the club put the narrative with the help of Tredrea that chad was lazy. Amazing that Clarko would want a lazy player

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Bassett said there were some players who had intangibles that contributed to encouraging other players to get the best out of themselves. He could have easily been referring to Trengove helping to get the best out of Wingard, and Wingard alone.

And Impey spending time with Trengove because he considers him a mentor and a close friend doesn’t mean he thinks he’s a great person to be around at a football club. They are two completely different things.

Pretty sure Jars is Trengoves daughter's godfather. Your narrative is so far delusional but I admire you for consistently doubling down.

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

"I've seen how successful they've been in the last two decades and with Alastair Clarkson all the players who have come here have improved their game and that's pretty much the reason I came here.
"Being valued and wanted is a huge thing and I felt that from Hawthorn."
Wingard addressed rumours he was upset by his exit interview with Port coach Ken Hinkley, which prompted his departure.
He said his only disappointment was that he didn't feel he got enough feedback on the issues through the season.

- Chad Wingard

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Exactly chad Average 20 touches over a goal over 3 tackles over 3 clearances over 4 inside 50s and yet the club put the narrative with the help of Tredrea that chad was lazy. Amazing that Clarko would want a lazy player
Clarko takes all kinds, broken busted players, players with huge mental issues, players with addiction issues, lazy players, players with anger issues.

He backs himself into fixing every player. Because he knows he's the only quality coach in this league.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
This trade has me warming to a trade change that has been touted before and Damian Barrett has brought it up again. The trading of draft picks up to three years in advance. Part of the problem with trades for good players is that they have nominated a club of destination who doesn't have that much to offer and that takes away bargaining power from the losing club. With trading future picks not only can clubs get at least two picks when they are releasing a player of that worth, the gaining club has to be sure they really want the player. And there is still the possibility that either club will have won the trade as one of the picks could end up being top 5, or at least top 10.

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
The vibe I got from Trengove was a guy who would be nice as long as it was beneficial to him. But as soon as the club was put first, he cracked the shits.

Notice how neither Impey nor Wingard went to the same club as him. That speaks volumes for what he is actually like around the club rather than the persona he projects to fans.

I think you make s**t up to suit your narrative.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Yet Bassett all but said trading Trengove was a mistake due to the culture he contributed to.

And Impey clearly spends a lot of time with him in the off season, let alone being involved with Trengoves child.

A little contradictory to your point aye?

Seriously Janus, you are the most delusional poster on this board and your narrative can be extremely confusing.

The same Nathan Bassett that literally no one other than Mitch Grigg and Matt Panos respects?

KenOath

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The crux of this matter is that under the current regime and leadership Chad was always likely to leave.

However, no one will know what might have been under a competent regime, which is why his departure is on the club

I think you make s**t up to suit your narrative.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that being a good person means you’re going to be a great player or a great teammate. They are three totally unrelated things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back