News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Jars is Trengoves daughter's godfather. Your narrative is so far delusional but I admire you for consistently doubling down.

So? I’ve never questioned how close they are off the field, cause quite frankly I don’t give a *. I’m not sure why anyone cares what is going on in the social lives of players unless they are genuinely your friends that you hang out with.

People need to get out of this archaic thinking that a football club requires people to all be friends, and if they are it must mean they work well together in a club environment. It’s about an environment that promotes the best that a player can be. Yes it’s a family, but it’s a family that loves you enough to tell you the home truths you need, rather than the people who are afraid you won’t like them if they do so.

Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod weren’t exactly friends by the end of their careers, and it didn’t affect their performance on the field because they didn’t think that off field s**t had anything to do with what happened on it.

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
It's certainly an interesting example of how some people will double-down on whatever narrative brings them the greatest peace of mind, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Chad Wingard was pushed but certain posters here will never accept that because it would mean admitting the club did something wrong/has fundamental flaws it needs to work on.

Wingard bad/Club good is so much easier, both emotionally and intellectually.
There is not a single poster who is saying that the club did nothing wrong!
Isn't it far more likely that responsibility should be shared?

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When Nick Stevens left, we won the Grand Final the following year .... I wonder .. ;)
Yeah but according to what some posters keep going on about this would be closer to wanting to trade Tredrea because some of his team mates allegedly (must include that word to make it sound realistic) thought he was a big bad wolf. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to question whether I can support a club that actively lets a gifted talent get to Hawthorn without a yelp.

That’s another problem, I’m committed can’t chamgevteams or the sport I love now.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
This 13-18 side should have been better then the 01-04 side. Major difference really is Warren Tredrea. With Scott Lucas at CHF that side would have been a perennial 5-8 finisher rather than winning McLellands. Granted, still much better than this team has done.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This 13-18 side should have been better then the 01-04 side. Major difference really is Warren Tredrea. With Scott Lucas at CHF that side would have been a perennial 5-8 finisher rather than winning McLellands. Granted, still much better than this team has done.
I reckon our midfield from the early naughties would go in without lube on the current side tbh.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

This is what I mean when I say that list management 101 is: You don't trade superstars unless they demand out.

If we'd traded Tredders to Carlton in 2000 or whatever it was, we might have gotten a super deal for him, but we absolutely wouldn't have been able to replace a matchwinner like that. A player like that isn't replaceable, regardless of how many good quality players you get in for him.

Wingard isn't Tredrea, but he is absolutely a rare matchwinning talent who can and has won games off of his own boot. We've had maybe 5 of those since we joined the AFL. Unless we magically jag another player at that level with the picks we received, we'll always be the loser in this trade.

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is what I mean when I say that list management 101 is: You don't trade superstars unless they demand out.

If we'd traded Tredders to Carlton in 2000 or whatever it was, we might have gotten a super deal for him, but we absolutely wouldn't have been able to replace a matchwinner like that. A player like that isn't replaceable, regardless of how many good quality players you get in for him.

Wingard isn't Tredrea, but he is absolutely a rare matchwinning talent who can and has won games off of his own boot. We've had maybe 5 of those since we joined the AFL. Unless we magically jag another player at that level with the picks we received, we'll always be the loser in this trade.
Name me the last time he won a game off his own boot ? And pls don’t venture past 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back