News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
I don’t subscribe to the idea that being a good person means you’re going to be a great player or a great teammate. They are three totally unrelated things.

As is your reply to my post. You've used your "vibe" to construct a character assassination of Trengove without one iota of supporting evidence. At the moment you are throwing mud on the basis of Trengove having light hearted banter with Wingard.

I just wonder how much Clarkson has been grooming a Chad type? I sense social messages, bit of sexting convincing him life will be better.

I just can't help but think of the alternative universe where Ken Hinkley is coaching Richmond circa 2016 after an embarrassing season, and he decides to scapegoat Dustin Martin because he has attitude problems and because with a year left on his contract and other clubs circling they don't want to risk him leaving for the FA compensation the year after. Bye bye Richmond's premiership. Well done hypothetical Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol SPP will be the next one out. Holidaying in Bali over trade period with Impey and Trengove.

I'm sure he's in a good headspace between his social media * up and those two polluting his mind.

Ken Hinkley lol

Seriously though, the Impey/Trengove/Wingard/SPP clique is obviously a thing.

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol SPP will be the next one out. Holidaying in Bali over trade period with Impey and Trengove.

I'm sure he's in a good headspace between his social media **** up and those two polluting his mind.

Ken Hinkley lol

Joining Port must be the same as joining a political party.

As soon as you walk through the door they ask you which faction you want to belong to. If you're not sure, they give you a summary, telling you how many factions there are, what they're called, what they stand for and why they hate each other.

Hitting gyms and smashing pimms.

Yeah, that's the best I could do on short notice. Can't think of another booze that rhymes.

Sent from mTalk
Hitting gyms and smashing tins.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'm sure he's in a good headspace between his social media **** up and those two polluting his mind.

Ken Hinkley lol

Yes the Jacko I once admired has become a thorn in Port’s side.

He was one of the ‘brothers’ at Port for sure, always at their dinners and hanging out with them.

These movements will be the norm going forwards. It’s what the AFLPA wanted.

Problem is that until the clubs get some power back themselves to trade players out for the best deal for the club, the less successful and poorer clubs will become even more so, while the Mega clubs will become even more successful.

SA is in a similar situation to the Queensland teams, apart from the sweet
Seven media gigs Crows are able to supplement their player contracts with.

Perth being a bigger city can offer players more opportunities outside footy.

Vic clubs can pay less with players able to access media and side deals to sweeten the deal.

Anyway, this increase in movement when players are still in contract must make the list planning clubs do years ahead even more difficult.

Last edited:
Yes Chad anywhere would have meant Carlton and GC early picks would have been in play.

It definitely has to come soon. Especially for players under contract.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Players wanting to move. Ok, it happens. There should be a middle ground of a certain number of clubs put up the player is willing to go to, for anything outside an unrestricted free agent. I’d go with a quarter of the clubs in a state rounded up, plus one, to be my rule. So for WA, SA, QLD and NSW it’s 2 clubs and if a player wants to go to Vic they need to nominate 4 clubs their existing club can deal with, for the best deal.

The other option, I’d implement, is clubs are able to offer more to players in a contract if it gives the club the option to trade them at any time to another club. So would a player take 4 years at $500k or $650k for 4 years, but the club could trade them at any point (including who they go to at the end of their contract).

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So we're arguing that he isn't capable of elite, matchwinning football anymore?
Anymore ? Hmm where did it go ? Maybe trying to win in fortnight was more important & yeah probably Kens fault. Maybe if he applied himself like Robbie did he may have got the best out of himself. But again according to some poster we needed supercoaches to blow sweet nothings in his ear to be more professional.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anymore ? Hmm where did it go ? Maybe trying to win in fortnight was more important & yeah probably Kens fault. Maybe if he applied himself like Robbie did he may have got the best out of himself. But again according to some poster we needed supercoaches to blow sweet nothings in his ear to be more professional.

Robbie Gray wasnt the professional he is now at Wingards age, it took recovering a horrific ACL injury to develop it.

Wingard didn’t go from Best and Fairest Winner and 2 time AA to unprofessional over night, the coaches have watched it all happen and have done little to nothing about it, just trade him off.

We want to hope Burton becomes a superstar, as too the player we take with 15, becouse if they don’t and wingard comes out at the Hawks with a point to prove we’ll come out of this really poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back