Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz
‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

‘Wingerz

You've been trying really hard to make this "Wingerz" nickname a thing, it's clearly not working. Probably time to give it a rest my friend.

Not sure why Shiel and Wingard need to be compared.. very different players.

Wingard's still a bit of an unpolished gem, and it will take a coach of Clarkson's talent to determine exactly where to deploy him and bring out his considerable strengths.

The forward role was attempted numerous times but he seemed to have lost some of his explosiveness and ability to put distance between his direct opponent like he had earlier in his career. Outside of the odd highlight he appeared to grow frustrated within games at spending extended periods out of the play.

Most Port supporters wanted him in the midfield as he seemed to do his best work here as a clever and skilful clearance player, and this is where he spent the back end of our 2018. But I suspect he never got his fitness to a tolerable state to make him viable as a modern day, two way running, block and shepherding multi-dimensional mid. He could certainly pull some numbers here but it's hard to say how effective he was considering we went from an 11-4 team to missing finals.

Reports out of Hawthorn were that he'd lost 7 kg which is a huge start, and perhaps he was finding motivation in a new environment and with a fair kick up the bum.. I swear I'd heard he was even watching games of AFL footy outside those he played in (which he never was interested in doing at all at Port). But the calf injury can't have helped and perhaps it's a case of too much, too soon for elevating his fitness level.

Going to be very interesting to see what Chad we will get, if Clarkson can't squeeze the performance out of him then no one can.
Great post mate, a shame it will most likely just get lost in the Essendon/Hawthorn fans s**t flinging like every thread involving either of the two clubs ends up doing.

Not sure why Shiel and Wingard need to be compared.. very different players.

Mainly it is happening because a few loud Hawthorn fans have repeatedly said that they pulled out of the Shiel race because they preferred to trade for Wingard.

From that point we now have a core group on both sides going back and forth.

My own opinion is that it is silly to compare them for the reasons you wrote. Different players. Wingard would look alot better if Hawthorn were not so injury ravaged.

Mate you are obsessed. Give it a rest. Where we you 3 weeks ago when he tore North up? That’s right, no where.

I’m sorry mate, but he’s going to hit his straps soon and its going to hurt. By the way, did you see his lightening handball over the top to Hendo for a goal in the first quarter? You can’t teach that skill. Now run along my friend.

Don’t worry mate. The Essendon fan boys on here will be put back in their place when Collingwood give them a reality check. :D

Mate you are obsessed. Give it a rest. Where we you 3 weeks ago when he tore North up? That’s right, no where.

I’m sorry mate, but he’s going to hit his straps soon and its going to hurt. By the way, did you see his lightening handball over the top to Hendo for a goal in the first quarter? You can’t teach that skill. Now run along my friend.
3 goals and 10 touches against North is what you’re hanging your hat on?

They're not really being compared as players, just in terms of output.

Really Hawthorn gave up a first, second and Burton, Essendon two firsts with a second coming back. Two significant outlays with Essendon's not having an immediate impact on the 22.

Both sets of fans probably happy so far. I'd be happy with the Shiel trade. Not sure about the Chad because we don't have an equivalent player to Burton in age/rating.
Hawthorn’s first was not the same as Essendon’s. That’s what consistently gets overlooked here.

Essendon gave up pick 8, plus a future first. Possibly even two top 10 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn’s first was not the same as Essendon’s. That’s what consistently gets overlooked here.

Essendon gave up pick 8, plus a future first. Possibly even two top 10 picks.
Remember when you told me it was gonna be 2 first for Shiel straight swap?

Remember when he made up a story about Hawthorn pulling out of the Shiel race only after Shiel picked Essendon and even called Clarkson to tell him no.
Nah don’t think that doozy originated with him.

Not hanging my hat on anything. It was his first game for us, and back from a calf injury. Nailed 3 quality goals to help get us the win. They're just facts mate.
Oh.

So he helped?

Vastly different language to “tore north up.”

Chad will be a very good half forward flanker for Hawthorn. But he certainly hasn’t played as well as he can.

And I wouldn’t be trying to justify his pick up by using a couple of last quarter goals when you’d been leading for awhile. I’d wait until he hits the potential everyone knows he had.

If you want to talk about being hard done by, then try being given pick 19 for Buddy, when other options were there on the table before the AFL, who themselves drafted the 'manifestly insufficient' stipulation insofar as compensation rules went.....Only to then duly ignore them, when it was staring them in the face.

The HUN can crap on about 'heists' all they like....But the real 'heist' was done by the AFL & the corrupted VLAD, right then & there....And that was twice we were fleeced by both VLAD & the Swans 2 years in a row.....See the 2012 finals 'flip' on a whim, in gifting the Swans all of our hard won first placed draw & rights.

Fat VLAD was as corrupt as they come....He only hung around as long as he did, for his extra millions bonus.....Fat toad.
The AFL is corrupt, not just VLAD.
For them to smash the crows for Tippett like they did, and then cover up for Melbourne for match fixing shows just how corrupt they are.

Oh.

So he helped?

Vastly different language to “tore north up.”

Chad will be a very good half forward flanker for Hawthorn. But he certainly hasn’t played as well as he can.

And I wouldn’t be trying to justify his pick up by using a couple of last quarter goals when you’d been leading for awhile. I’d wait until he hits the potential everyone knows he had.

The Dons salt. There's nothing like it.

That's what happens when you haven't won a final since 2004.

Clearly he hasn't played as well as he can Einstein.

Use whatever language you like re his game v North. His goals sparked the team and the crowd for the win. Next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back