Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL is corrupt, not just VLAD.
For them to smash the crows for Tippett like they did, and then cover up for Melbourne for match fixing shows just how corrupt they are.

Yes, this was not even handed at all.

This is how I see it:

- AFL considered the Crows a strong club, a club that could take and absorb punishment.

- AFL considered the Demons a weak club, a club that could fold if given too strong a punishment

So they did what they always do, just made up some garbage and waffle on the fly and tried to move on.

That's why many of us detest head office, they never are honest and they just make up rules on the fly. If they were honest they would say Melbourne tanked, got caught, but they could not given them a proper Carlton 2002 type punishment since it could kill the club.

P.S. I believe the Tippett punishment was way too harsh. Crows got punished more than Essendon for the supplements sagas which is laughable.

From memory, Crows lost 2 1st round draft picks, whilst Essendon lost only 1. My memory is hazy, but I though the Tippet punishment was way over the top and that Essendon got off way too lightly.

I could be wrong on the exact punishments, if so I apologise.

From memory, Crows lost 2 1st round draft picks, whilst Essendon lost only 1. My memory is hazy, but I though the Tippet punishment was way over the top and that Essendon got off way too lightly.

I could be wrong on the exact punishments, if so I apologise.

We copped more than just draft picks though, Not sure why that's always left out when discussing the punishments.
Anyway not important for this thread.

Anyway not important for this thread.

Yes, let's not go there.

Let's agree that the AFL applies results to suits its mood on a per-case basis, previous punishments are not consistently applied for future similar offences.

As Eddie McGuire said last year, AFL makes crap up on the fly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back