Chad Wingard VS Gary Rohan

Wingard VS Rohan

• Chad Wingard

• Gary Rohan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rohan is having a good season, but needs to perform when it matters when finals come around. His finals record is poor and the 2 grand finals he has playde have been a disgrace.

Wingard has started in mediocre form, but is a much better footballer then Rohan.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
If you could guarantee Rohan's body would stand up over the next 3-4 years I'd take him over Wingard in a heartbeat, we need pace and he has it in spades.

Oct 16, 2003
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Strange thread??

Wingard is a dual All Australian, B&F winner.

As far as I know, Rohan has never even finished in the top 10 of a B&F (definitely not top 5) let alone been in consideration for AA.

Rohan averages 9 touches a game and has kicked 113 goals in his entire career (less than 1 a game).

Wingard gets twice as much of the ball (18+ possessions a game) and despite being 2 years younger, has kicked 238 goals (nearly double).

Sometimes people say 'twice the player' as a figure of speech but it is almost objectively true in this case.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Since the start of 2014:
- Gary Rohan has had zero goals and ten or less touches 25 times. Wingard's done it 3 times.
- Gary Rohan has kicked 4+ goals or had 25+ touches 5 times. Wingard's done it 24 times (including a match where he had 27 and 4).

Compared with Wingard averaging nearly twice as many disposals, more marks, more tackles, more inside 50s, more goal assists, and has kicked twice as many goals as Rohan.

Tough one to judge.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
We all know Wingard is the better player..... but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd be the one you'd want on the team too..... became pretty evident that he isn't the team player and it's showing up in Hawthorn too, hopefully for his sake he realizes his true potential, but I doubt it.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wingard seems to be a bit more arrogant to me purely as a neutral spectator. If I was a coach I think I'd rather have Rohan than Wingard in my squad. You also have to consider that Vintage Wingard could tear teams apart in minutes. Rohan has probably had teammates that take the highlights a bit more like Franklin at Sydney and Hawkins at Geelong. Whereas Wingard was one of the main men at Port. Just think he needs to either lighten up a bit and start enjoying it while he can.

Two fine players and I take my hat off to them both.

Back