2nds Chad's First SANFL Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chad Cornes didn't hold back in his assessment on Butch vs Nord

"Disappointed with his game. Looking for him to compete and be a real focal point for us - he didn’t give us that on the night."

Chad's comments on who did, or didn't play well were refreshing, he wasn't happy with the performance of a number of players, he was critical of Butch, the Hoon, and a couple of others, even Summo copped a bit of a bake.

1954 thought I would take your post and start a new thread. Thought the same as you, it was refreshing to see Chad's brutally honest assessments of the form of the sanfl players.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-03-29/magpies-report-round-1

Anthony Biemans was best and Chad was impressed by Howard, Toumpas, Palmer and Byrne-Jones. The other good players were given a bit of a sting in the tail with something to work on.

It does have a nice bit of honesty in there, especially compared with Buddha's "tried hard most of the day but needs to be more consistent in his efforts" comment for every single player.

Still a fairly nothing article, wouldn't mind hearing another little bit on each player (in particular on the AFL list) on how their strengths and weaknesses are developing over time.

It does have a nice bit of honesty in there, especially compared with Buddha's "tried hard most of the day but needs to be more consistent in his efforts" comment for every single player.

Still a fairly nothing article, wouldn't mind hearing another little bit on each player (in particular on the AFL list) on how their strengths and weaknesses are developing over time.
Haha I'll bet the wording is stronger behind closed doors.

Toumpas maybe the best review of the AFL listed players likely to come in?
It was a pretty good review wasn't it. Didn't jibe with those from people actually at the game but I can live with that. Suddenly I won't kick the cat if Jimmy's picked for the Power this week.

That must be close to the best game Butch has played. He's had games where he's kicked more goals but he stayed involved in this game for all four quarters. Provided a target and forward line leadership. Even when the game had slipped away he gave 100% in the ruck.

That must be close to the best game Butch has played. .....
It's funny, the one SANFL game I was at that I thought Butch was genuinely good was against the Crows' reserves at Claire 2 years back. And here he is getting a very good review again. Sample size too small to mean anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back