Roast Chainsaw Walshy chops Johnny Noble's Dad

Remove this Banner Ad

stevie wonder (that's a dated reference) could see that that 20 somethings werent going to take to david noble. He is far too old school and I dont think he could help himself. And he couldnt get away from the father-son dynamic. And his age problem was compounded by the fact that he hadn't coached in footy. Old men might be able to do the job if the youngsters at least respect that the oldies had been there and done that. You really have to wonder what on earth the north leadership was thinking when they appointed him. Was he that cheap?

if i was running the whole show, i'd bring in clarko and move the club to tasmania every brick ....if the tasmanians could accept that.... maybe retain the colours for the supporters back in melb. I doubt the tasmanians would accept retaining the kangaroos nick.

Ill be seriously pissed if this club gets a priority pick especially one straight after their current. Self inflicted and non deserving.

Only need to look at the talent on their list and what they've added over the last couple of years to realise adding another kid won't be the difference. They just need time.

North are such a joke of a club. They deserve to be bottom dwellers for a long time
They need to be held off the bottom by an even less successful (or if you’re a Collingwood supporter, more successful) Carlton establishment. The worse that mob do the better they do in my head.

Sad to say Jonny played great on the weekend and played a significant part in his father's demise at NM...
I’m sure all the previous losses played a more significant role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he told the team beforehand it was his last game and that’s why they lifted.

Yes, I think you might be right on that.

Poor David, and poor Johnny. Those are the tough days.

It's time.

r0_0_933_525_w933_h525_fmax.jpg

Room for StRabble too.

It ihas been reported that feedback from all parts of the business stated he was rude, unwilling to listen, knew better than anybody else, not focused on development and unreceptive to feedback. If that is true it doesn't matter how good or bad your list is, one wouldn't last long

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If this is true, and I’m sure it’s not, why didn’t the panel who appointed him find this out before the appointment?
You do not come to the position of AFL coach without working at lower levels, with lots of people, then at upper levels, with lots of people, where you create your credentials for the top job.
I cannot believe all these people that worked with Noble kept their mouth shut about his toxic personality and inability to engage.
This rumour is seriously untrue.

In my opinion, their problems go much further than Noble (or any coach, really). Not convinced we'll see any miraculous improvement under whoever they appoint. I will be happy to eat my words though.
A new coach normally gets a bit of a bump on field.
The fact that we have given the players some belief in their abilities last week will help that bump.
Will be interesting if the bump can deliver 4 points. I expect it might before the end of the year.

Post #42 is the real fix.
And it should have happened years ago.
It won’t happen now. The AFL are committed to a stand alone Tasmania team whilst maintaining the current numbers. They want more teams, not less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back