News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Remove this Banner Ad

When I read just the headline from Pauline Hanson (I don't like it) I don't think she should be throwing stones as I can think of plenty of disgraceful things that woman has said.

‘Essendon is disgraceful’: Pauline Hanson​

When I read just the headline from Pauline Hanson (I don't like it) I don't think she should be throwing stones as I can think of plenty of disgraceful things that woman has said.

I don't think Australia's best know bigots and dog whistlers like Hanson and Dutton et al are self aware enough to realise that their cheer leading for him is validation of why he shouldn't hold the position of CEO in an AFL club.

I'd urge you to switch SkyNews off for a minute and put down your copy of the Herald-Sun, and actually bring yourself up to speed on this topic.

He was asked to step down as Chair of an organisation that actively promotes values that are in conflict with those of Essendon.

He wasn't stood down because he's a member of a particular congregation, or because of his personal views.

Mate the minute someone puts up an opinion that doesn't align to yours you get personal. Others on here put up some good points against what I put up and a civil discussion can be had. You on the other hand have to get personal.

And for the record, I have never watched Sky News. I am a leftie who detests anything and everything Murdoch related and am repulsed by the likes of Bolt, Panahi, Jones, Credlin and Murdoch's other cronies. But continue on with the insults.

Both are bad. However one is the head of their church, and the other isn't. It's very hard to claim one organisation that you personally manage is inclusive when another organisation that you personally manage is in direct contrast with those beliefs.
Bad is a poor description. Why would you care if they left their personal opinions at the front door ?

Thorburn clearly did that at NAB.

Bad is a poor description. Why would you care if they left their personal opinions at the front door ?

Thorburn clearly did that at NAB.

Homophobia STINKS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1528715

To be CEO of one of Australia’s biggest sporting clubs, he was asked to condemn comments such as these regarding concentration camps and abortion, and stand down as chairman of the organisation that aired them and displayed them on its website.

He refused.

The fact there is even a discussion about this is laughable. It’s just full of spivs and opportunists like Andrew Bolt, Peter Dutton and their followers.

It’s 2022. If you don’t like it, turn off your computer, read a book and dream of 1955.

[Laughably, the church itself has now removed such stupidly offensive content from its website. Wow, who know this made us look bad!!]

Where the hell did they get that 1 in 3 number from? The estimated rate of abortion in Australia is 1 in 15 of women of child baring age. That doesn't mean every 15th woman has an abortion by the way

As soon as you see outright lies being peddled without any evidence to back it up, you can feel free to dismiss the argument. It's not coming from a space of (pardon the pun) good faith.

FWIW - there was an Anglican minister on the ABC this morning who really painted City on the Hill as a fringe group whose views are not shared by a majority of Australian Anglicans.

Your comprehension of the English language ain't that good if that's how you've (mis)interpreted my post.

No doubt you'll come back at me as you absolutely must always have the last say.

See ya 👍

What's hard to comprehend about this?

He shouldn't have got the job because of his role in the NAB debacle...not because of his religious views that are his and his alone.

Sad day when we take this grandstanding to this level.

His religious views were not why he was given the arse. That's incorrect.

You stated it as a fact, and you were wrong. Speaking s**t, if you will. Again.

What's hard to comprehend about this?

He shouldn't have got the job because of his role in the NAB debacle...not because of his religious views that are his and his alone.

Sad day when we take this grandstanding to this level.

His religious views were not why he was given the arse. That's incorrect.

You stated it as a fact, and you were wrong. Speaking s**t, if you will. Again.

You are out of control due to your incomprehension. I am stating a view (my view) that he should never have gotten the role due to his checkered past.

No fact. Just one man's opinion.

Keep coming champ.

You are out of control due to your incomprehension. I am stating a view (my view) that he should never have gotten the role due to his checkered past.

No fact. Just one man's opinion.

Keep coming champ.

That's not the part I challenged you on. You know that.

You're speaking s**t again.

If you stated that opinion, and just left it at there'd be no issue. It's the false statement you made after it that you're being called out on.

But as I said, you already know that.

Please explain, Pauline.

FWIW - there was an Anglican minister on the ABC this morning who really painted City on the Hill as a fringe group whose views are not shared by a majority of Australian Anglicans.

If you're a fringe group or 'extremist' in any way, you would not be part of the Anglican diocese. While the Anglican diocese has a fair bit of room to move theologically, it can and does remove membership of churches that have strayed beyond orthodox Christian beliefs - that's the whole point of denominations, you need to fit within the particular belief system and if you stray, you get pulled up or kicked out.

Perusing the City on a Hill websites reveals nothing out of the ordinary, and the Archbishop of Melbourne and Sydney have both come out and said their beliefs are regular and mainstream Christian beliefs.

That's not the part I challenged you on. You know that.

You're speaking s**t again.

If you stated that opinion, and just left it at there'd be no issue. It's the false statement you made after it that you're being called out on.

But as I said, you already know that.

You're the bloke who is on here who thinks they win by having the last laugh. So on and on and on they go. And if all else fails, they get personal.

See ya champ before I let you get to me.

Seems they've put out an update/response and clarify that they're Anglican.
"In the Anglican Tradition" ie would like to take the teachings from Anglicans in the 1600s. Regular Anglicans aren't extreme enough.

Where the hell did they get that 1 in 3 number from? The estimated rate of abortion in Australia is 1 in 15 of women of child baring age. That doesn't mean every 15th woman has an abortion by the way

It's a stupid and blatantly incorrect statistic peddled by "Associations" that are pro life and championed by Pauline Hanson.

Perusing the City on a Hill websites reveals nothing out of the ordinary

Sure, now. They've scrubbed their website, hidden comments and deleted videos on their YT channel. Thorburn has also scrubbed his Linkedin.

There's still a few videos on YT that reveal their true nature. Bigotry, and their recruitment policy.

Maybe they are talking about the number of women over their lifetime.

Closer to 1:4 in this study

"meaning that an estimated 23.7% of women aged 15 to 44 years in 2014 will have an abortion by age 45 years if the 2014 abortion rates continue throughout their reproductive lives. Correspondingly, an estimated 4.6% of women will have had an abortion by age 20 years and 19% by aged 30 years."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back