Review Chairman's Club Function v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played:D

Also, are we getting a report on the Chairman's club experience btw?

Oh yeah, this is as good a spot as any I spose. Probably won't get the readership it deserves though!

Basically it's a room full of old rich white guys who have bought tables - QBE, Volkswagon, Citi, Coca-Cola (lol) other sponsors and Swans personnel. I was the guest of Steadfast, the current Chairman used to be on the Board of QBE and was one of the big pushers of the partnership with the Swans.

The lunch was made extra special by LRT's retirement, so they had speech and presentation honouring him - made mention of his big game efforts and how he should have been Norm Smith Medalist. The great man himself gave a speech about his time at the club and how much he treasures his time and relationships.

Andrew Pridham's address was fantastic as you'd expect, took a couple of pot shots at the Eddie incidents. The man has a great sense of humour and is filling out the shoes of Colless nicely.

Food was amazing, unlimited drinks service of course. In between the mains was a panel with Bobby Skilton, Craig Bolton and Barry Round. Barry was hilarious, basically said we were robbed in 06 cuz the Eagles were on goofballs.

For the game itself, I thought I would have to tone down my usual boisterous style, but a few of the fellas liked a good heckle and umpire abuse.

I'm in the Chairman's Club again for the Richmond game - but the facilities at ANZ aren't as good as SCG supposedly, woe is me.

Andrew Pridham's address was fantastic as you'd expect, took a couple of pot shots at the Eddie incidents. The man has a great sense of humour and is filling out the shoes of Colless nicely.

Food was amazing, unlimited drinks service of course. In between the mains was a panel with Bobby Skilton, Craig Bolton and Barry Round. Barry was hilarious, basically said we were robbed in 06 cuz the Eagles were on goofballs

Thank you! Appreciate the post. That is one hell of a panel:eek: what a privilege. Pridham is turning out to be a great choice from all accounts.

Alanlau great writeup mate did any players attend the function?

Not that I saw, most would have been in the ressies or preparing.

I did meet Jared Crouch though. Told him i was looking to be a PT and would one day love to do a pre-season martial arts program for the boys down the track. So if you see the boys with better core strength and explosive power, you know who to thank.

Not that I saw, most would have been in the ressies or preparing.

I did meet Jared Crouch though. Told him i was looking to be a PT and would one day love to do a pre-season martial arts program for the boys down the track. So if you see the boys with better core strength and explosive power, you know who to thank.

Thanks for the report alanlau34 and good luck with the PT work!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back